Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jul-2006, 11:10
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
Which new tyres 749s road only

Replacing Miche's but with what. Do I go for Pirelli, if so which ones? Has any one tried any of the new tyres recently launched.
All help greatfully recieved
Cheers
G
Old 15-Jul-2006, 11:30
Big Twin

Got the new Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3, absolutely brilliant, quick to warm up, really stable, stick like glue, cannot go wrong with them.
Old 15-Jul-2006, 11:37
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Totally agree... Corsa IIIs are fantastic
Old 19-Jul-2006, 20:00
Mille

I've tried a set of straight Pirelli Diablos and liked them, they realy stick well but they do wear fast, think mine done about 1500 ish but I was very very hard on them.
Old 21-Jul-2006, 12:08
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
For road riding only, go with standard Diablos. You don't need anything more!
Old 22-Jul-2006, 07:55
Mille

I know you guys are huge Pirelli fans but the PP's are going to be a very tough act to follow...IMO. Plus, I got 8,200 miles out of my last set and could have squeezed a few more on them if I wanted to. On the other hand, I do like to try out new stuff sometimes. FYI, all new Ducatis will be arriving with Bridgestones from now on. Every new SBK I've went and looked at was wearing BT-014's. My wife has them on her SS and they are a great option also. Counterpart to the PP's and Diablo Corsa's. She loves them and it's a great looking tire. My next tire is going to be that new Bridgestone BT-002 Street. I guess it's already available to you guys (and just read a very good article with great reviews on it in one of your Superbike magazines...not TWO but the other one) but wont be available over here until later on in the year, like November.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 09:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Ive had Corsas and standard diabolos on my road bikes and for average riding the standard ones are fine
Old 22-Jul-2006, 17:33
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy
I know you guys are huge Pirelli fans but the PP's are going to be a very tough act to follow...IMO. Plus, I got 8,200 miles out of my last set and could have squeezed a few more on them if I wanted to. On the other hand, I do like to try out new stuff sometimes. FYI, all new Ducatis will be arriving with Bridgestones from now on. Every new SBK I've went and looked at was wearing BT-014's. My wife has them on her SS and they are a great option also. Counterpart to the PP's and Diablo Corsa's. She loves them and it's a great looking tire. My next tire is going to be that new Bridgestone BT-002 Street. I guess it's already available to you guys (and just read a very good article with great reviews on it in one of your Superbike magazines...not TWO but the other one) but wont be available over here until later on in the year, like November.

8200 miles out of a set of tyres your havin a laugh
i assume it's a keyboard error

i've always prefered the harder compond touring tyres on mine. macadams etc
never managed to get passed 5k on any tyre however hard.
got pilot powers on the new bike though will see how they go
Old 22-Jul-2006, 23:51
Mille

Nope, no keyboard error...8,200. I was gonna take them to 9,000 but needed a new set for a track day. This is with a pretty good mix of freeway and nice twisty roads, but mostly freeway. No track days on that set though.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 07:24
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy
Nope, no keyboard error...8,200. I was gonna take them to 9,000 but needed a new set for a track day. This is with a pretty good mix of freeway and nice twisty roads, but mostly freeway. No track days on that set though.
And those wonderfull American speed limits.