Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-May-2009, 11:35
Mille
Bikes: S4R

Mood: Ready for Summer
Exclamation Cadwell track day Info

As the title says, after a bit of info about Cadwell. Might be a bit early as this may be coming out soon.

I've booked for the track day and can't wait

Q1/ What time do we need to be there by?

Q2/ Mate would like to come on his R1, rides slow but would like to do a safe track day, so if he pays to join the club, can he enrole for track day?

Thanks
Old 05-May-2009, 11:51
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The sunshine is booked and we're all looking forward to Cadwell.....

Answers;
- more information regarding timigs will come out nearer the time, but if you can get there the night before, there'll be quite a few of us camping there, so get there then if you can.

- Your mate will be more than welcome to come along too, but Day 1 is for Ducatis only, Day 2 is open to all bikes. He might be able to book a test ride on a new Ducati and be persuaded to move across!!

Tim
Old 05-May-2009, 20:07
Montjuic

Mood: sometimes
I have a Question, can we pre booked the test rides, as l am there for 2 days, so i feel it would be rude not too
Old 05-May-2009, 21:53
Mille

I dont know if you can pre-book but I've never had any trouble booking what I've wanted to ride on the day andf I've ridden pretty much every bike that's been on offer.

The £1000 insurance excess does tend to regulate the uptake somewhat!
Old 06-May-2009, 00:15
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Paul, if you are not camping on Sunday night, you have to be there to sign-on first thing Monday morning 7.30am and ready for the briefing at 8.30am. First session is 9.00am for the fast group, followed by 9.20am for the inters and 9.40am for the Novice group and following the same pattern all day, hopefully getting in 7 sessions each group with an hour for lunch, finishing at 5.00pm

I always advise that you should be totally ready to ride by 8.30, so you can relax and listen to the briefing, ready to go at 9.00 or 9.20. The Novice group will have a second compulsory briefing with me after the fast and inters leave the room at about 8.55 for about 15 minutes, so you won't have all the time from 9.00 to 9.40 to get ready, but you should have some time for last minute adjustments.

WeeJohnyB
Old 06-May-2009, 01:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtwin
I dont know if you can pre-book but I've never had any trouble booking what I've wanted to ride on the day andf I've ridden pretty much every bike that's been on offer.

The £1000 insurance excess does tend to regulate the uptake somewhat!

I winced a bit at the $1000 insurance excess when they took my credit card as well, but then, as someone pointed out it'll only cost you if you bin it - and how much would it cost you if you binned your own bike?

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 06-May-2009, 01:32
Mille
Bikes: S4R

Mood: Ready for Summer
Cheers Chaps

As it's that early, might try and come up night before. Not sure about camping as it's too much stuff to bring on the bike.