Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 29-Aug-2006, 11:31
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
then PJ can make me look stupid .

vis a vis: shooting fish in a barrel !

but good point well made.
Old 29-Aug-2006, 11:39
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
vis a vis: shooting fish in a barrel !

but good point well made.

Idiot

Old 29-Aug-2006, 11:40
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Boys

That is enough, I am going to ask the WEBteam to lock this thread for the time being.

A couple of points:

1) It is policy that the Race Committee dont do negotiaion/disucssion through the message board. All riders have been informed of this, but some seem to ignore it.

2) The RC/MT are quite understanding of the fact that in order to preserve the investment that people have in the bikes, there needs to be a series.

3) I am aware of at least 2 pieces of information that are immenant (i.e. within 48 hours) that will answer some of the pressing questions.

4) As with last year at this time, the next years plan, program, etc does not get looked at till September. We are actually well placed to define the options for next year and get input from the riders.

There is not a lot to be gained from he said - they said debates, on a message board. We have a race meeting on Sunday, I understand that the RC will be available all day there to answer questions, you then have your opportunity to put your points forward.

Chris
Old 29-Aug-2006, 12:01
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Dominic, the reason you haven't received a reply from me is because as Paul stated I was away. Your e-mail to me was dated 16.10 on the 25th which was Friday not Thursday as you stated. I haven't even read the e-mail yet since I have only just downloaded it-and I am working today so I doubt it will get read until tonight.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 29-Aug-2006, 12:13
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Dominic, the reason you haven't received a reply from me is because as Paul stated I was away. Your e-mail to me was dated 16.10 on the 25th which was Friday not Thursday as you stated. I haven't even read the e-mail yet since I have only just downloaded it-and I am working today so I doubt it will get read until tonight.

John

Fair enough John.

The first attempts were sent on Thursday though. Both bounced back from the chairman@dsc email addy. Maybe that needs looking into in case anyone is trying to use it?

Cheers

Dom
Old 29-Aug-2006, 12:15
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Boys

That is enough, I am going to ask the WEBteam to lock this thread for the time being.

A couple of points:

1) It is policy that the Race Committee dont do negotiaion/disucssion through the message board. All riders have been informed of this, but some seem to ignore it.

2) The RC/MT are quite understanding of the fact that in order to preserve the investment that people have in the bikes, there needs to be a series.

3) I am aware of at least 2 pieces of information that are immenant (i.e. within 48 hours) that will answer some of the pressing questions.

4) As with last year at this time, the next years plan, program, etc does not get looked at till September. We are actually well placed to define the options for next year and get input from the riders.

There is not a lot to be gained from he said - they said debates, on a message board. We have a race meeting on Sunday, I understand that the RC will be available all day there to answer questions, you then have your opportunity to put your points forward.

Chris

It's a shame that it takes a non-RC member to point out these things!

Thanks Chris. I'll speak to you at Snett, you at least listen!

Still can't see what the big deal is in answering my very simple straight forward questions though, but hey ho!
Closed Thread