Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Nov-2006, 18:45
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Timmy Topanga: Otei's So-Cal Adventure.

Well I'm finally here. After a lengthy 11 Hour flight that included the weird sensation of chasing the sunset across the timezones, demonstrated by the photo above, I arrived at LAX.

The first thing that struck me was how friendly and efficient the airport check in staff are compared to the sour faced majority at Heathrow, asking you if you were ok, and generally having a very pleasant demeanour. Bear in mind that this is a country that has more reason than any other to be highly suspicious of anyone stepping on or off of a plane!

Amy drove me home to Topanga in her rather large Toyota Tacoma truck at about 90mph, bumper to bumper with all of the other crazy dudes in L.A

It was dark when we got through the driveway, but the Eucalyptus trees could be smelt as we drove up to the apartment. Topanga is a real hippy canyon area that has quite a history of being home to musicians and artists and all sorts of freaky beatnik types ,daddio. Jim Morrison of The doors fame used to jam here maaaaan!...far out.

I had done my best to try and stay awake on the flight, watching loads of movies from the huge choice that Virgin Atlantic offer (great airline) and only nodded off for about half an hour. When I finally got to bed, it was pretty much like my normal bedtime of 12 midnight, but in Uk time, I'd been up for 24 hours. I was still buzzin' though and demanded to go and get a Taco bell and a huge 40 oz beer, as it was someting I'd wanted to try for ages.

we stopped at a gas station to fill up the truck and a woman pulled up in a black VW beetle of the modern shaped variety. I swear she'd had her hair cut to match the car, shaved down the sides and back with a big bubble of jet black hair on top. I didn't have the balls to take a pic, she looked like she had the propensity to carry dirty Harry's Magnum in her purse. V.Funny.

When I woke up this morning, I got quite a view. The views out of the apartment are lovely, and there are some of the hugest, spiky, alien lookin' plantlife you ever did see. The bloke upstairs has hummingbird feeders hanging on his veranda, I kid you not!

View up the driveway through the Eucalyptus trees.

We'll be taking Amy's R6 that I'll be riding to the bike shop to have some suspension and brakes work done on it today, then to be honest I don't know what we'll be getting up to as she has to go to work at some point, but there's certainly no shortage of stuff to do.

I think I'll borrow her RSV Mille and check out the canyon roads. WOOOT!

Take it easy peeps, I'll update as soon as I can.

Otei.
Old 28-Nov-2006, 18:50
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 28-Nov-2006, 19:13
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
you can really go off some people can't ya
Old 28-Nov-2006, 22:00
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Tim, all I have to say is ... you're short and your breath stinks ... or something.

Jammy mutha(*&^£(%*^)($£*^09*^£($*^%£(*^%)(^£)*^%£)*£^%w "^%"(*&£*&$%)£()^^%(w$£)"&^$_(£"&%_£"($^_%(*^"%_(* "^+$"^_(*^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28-Nov-2006, 22:17
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
So you're off to the States to have an R6 set up? I don't get it
Old 28-Nov-2006, 22:41
Big Twin

Yeah, It's a long way to come to get some suspension work, but you have to justify it to the accountants somehow!

We were in the shop, and there was this hispanic looking guy talking to the shop owner, Andy. Andy was blathering on about how they'd sorted his footrests and stuff so that he was comfortable, and that he'd be doing at least 100mph when he went off the cliff.

I had a little giggle until they started talking about his parachute getting in the way.....

Turns out he's some sort of stuntrider (one whose been eating too many mexican disco beans i think) and that he IS going to ride his bike off a cliff and jump off with his parachute for some sort of video.

This is my first day here ferchrissakkes!

Old 29-Nov-2006, 17:49
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
You lucky, lucky sod, I'm soooo jealous Go ride the roads round there, we had an amazing day out, haeding off from a mates in Van Nuys, we went up 'Stunt Road', eventually ending up down on the coast at a fantastic sea food place Go to 'The Rock Store' over the weekend too if you're nearby, great bike meet and Jay Leno tends to turn up in one of his strange vehicles.
'Tis a fantastic place, try not to have too much fun

Last edited by Grib : 15-Feb-2008 at 10:29.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 18:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I got to Skype to the Otter (private joke) this afternoon, and just when you thought you couldn't dislike ('be jealous of') him any less - I discovered you can!!

Sounds like the bastid is loving it - git!

Going out on Amy's RSV today to 'survey' the local area.

Anyway I won't spoil it for him, I'll let him keep us up to date with his little adventure.

Otei, you smell!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29-Nov-2006, 19:55
Big Twin

Grib,

Tooooooo weird, I have literally, and I do mean literally just come back from driving around the area(took the truck as it really was too windy for the bike today), and stopped off at that very point where the bikes are parked up in your pic, just off Stunt Rd. I even took a pic of the sign. I'll post some stuff up ina bit when I've uploaded the pics.

Dom,

Was good to talk to ya mate, seriously!
Old 29-Nov-2006, 19:59
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
tim

just shut up

we aint missing you

not at all