Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 13-Jun-2005, 10:50
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Brands Hatch Results......

After doing a track day at Brands on Monday to learn which way the corners went I was really looking forward to the weekend. Arrived on Friday evening and got set up.

Up at the crack of dawn to get scrutineered and then out for the usual ten minute practice, I never really enjoy practice as it is always really hectic with large clumps of riders of very mixed pace.

First nightmare on Saturday morning was learning that as my entry had been received one day late instead of being third on the grid I was fourteenth for the qualifiers (definitely won't make that mistake again!).

Saturday Race One: From 14th got an average start and fought my way through to finish 5th. I was fairly happy with this as I felt I was on the pace and would run quicker if I could get a clean start from my 5th place on the grid for the points race. Race Two: Got a good start and got away with the leading pack then as I accelerated coming out of Paddock and up the hill the clutch started slipping, my initial thoughts were that I would try to take it steady and at least bring it home with a few points in the bag. Unfortunately the clutch had other ideas and a quarter turn of throttle gave me 11,000 revs and no forward motion so I retired without even completing a lap - gutted does not begin to describe it!

As soon as I came in I started stripping the clutch out and fitted a new one ready for Sundays races.

Sunday Race One: Again off fourteenth finished fifth. After Saturdays disappointment in the points race I was absolutely determined to get a decent result in Race Two. Race Two: Got a reasonable start and came out of Paddock in Sixth place, I was determined not to let the leading two riders get out of sight and two corners later I was in third and after nine laps that was how it finished. Very happy overall although obviously gutted at losing a whole race worth of points but we had a great weekend and my mates who race in the 650 Superstock also had really good results and for one of them it was his first meeting.

Also Happy with my pace as I was running 51.0 by Sunday.

It was also good to meet Nick who was marshalling there on Sunday - hope your next DD meeting goes well mate.

Next outing for us is Pembrey next month - Bring it on!
Old 13-Jun-2005, 11:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
51s nice going Garry, was it Nigle and Andy who beat you, I saw Deano at Castle Combe and he told me his 998R droped a valve so not sure if he is racing it again this season or any other for that matter.
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:06
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
good going mate
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:11
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
51s nice going Garry, was it Nigle and Andy who beat you, I saw Deano at Castle Combe and he told me his 998R droped a valve so not sure if he is racing it again this season or any other for that matter.

If its the same guy, I think he borrowed Louigi's 996 and got a 3rd place... dunno about other results or even if it's the same one
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
It probably is the same Guy as Deano was delivering some race air ducts to Louigi at CC and was watching to see how Tom was doing on Louigi's 996 in the SoT race.
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:21
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Ahh, yep, it's the same guy then
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:44
Mille

Kev, Deano was indeed on Rich's 996. He was off 2 on the grid for the qualifiers. Results in sat points race were: Compton, Peck, Nicholls, Isles and a DNF for me due to clutch failure. Sun Points Race: Compton, Peck, Smith (Me), Isles, Nicholls. Isles is from MRO and rides Shakeys old 998 RS (very fast, smart and expensive) and Compton is also from MRO.

Weeksy, Les did really well in the 650 Superstocks with a top ten overall placing which was fourth in class (they are out with the 1000 Superstocks).

[Edited on 13-6-2005 by Garry Smith]
Old 13-Jun-2005, 13:25
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Some brilliant races all day long, and a few very acrobatic gravel trap visits to clear up at Paddock Hill... it's not easy dragging R1's and K5's through gravel traps!

From my vantage point Gary was looking really good. As he reported, 6th out of Paddock then next time round he was 3rd... although holding station all race long I could see the determination to close the gap on the leading 2. An isnpiration to watch a dsc boy riding so well, and the bike looked 1st class.

Good show chap.
Old 13-Jun-2005, 14:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Shame about the clutch, but well done, Garry! Keep it up!
Old 13-Jun-2005, 15:26
Mille

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit