Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Oct-2005, 20:58
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
I think it would prove useful to publicise the amount that the club faces to lose over this particular day and then people can chose to either let it stay where it is or ask for their £20.

This day was booked at the request of club members and as such I think that as the members themselves did not support this event we should do all we can to minimize the distinct possibility that Brands will not be considered as a future venue. I can understand that some people thought that October was not the best time of year to host a club TD and maybe in hindsight it should have been arranged two or three months previously

Just my 2 cents worth.

Murray Mint
Old 11-Oct-2005, 16:01
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Put my £20 back in the club funds
Old 11-Oct-2005, 18:01
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"maybe in hindsight it should have been arranged two or three months previously"

It was actually the earliest date I could get mate-I didn't want to have one in October but was being pressurised by members to do a Brands day.

To answer the other point Trackdays have this year lost the club slightly less than £3,000 this year-we usually make a small profit on them-not a dam great loss.

John
Old 11-Oct-2005, 18:17
Big Twin

i dont like to see the club at a loss , especially when trying to meet the needs of the members.

perhaps the track day thing need to be be re-examined, in trems of how the club go about it.

do the DSC really need to put themselves in a position where they are so vulnerable to loss. i cant help thinking of ESS goinig bust, although they were trying to create a track day revolution.

has it been considered, DSC working in partnership with a track day company such as no limits or focused events for example, and a bulk purchase of places for members where DSC could profit say £20 or so on each rider and perhaps still pass on a small saving on the usual price to members?
suggestions on a postcard to Blue Peter trackday ideas, C/O monty @ DSC