Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 21-May-2005, 11:54
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
just as a very quick estimate to just get to races, never mind any trackdays or practice we are looking at over 2000 miles and the nearest travelling time being just under two hours and the average being a 7 hour round journey with no traffic.

These are not excuses, but added with the expense and the time factor they dont make it a very appealing option for me certainly.
Old 21-May-2005, 11:55
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
Tim

its a combination of all if i am honest. As most of the tracks are a fair distance way I have not ridden them as track days and could not afford to do track days to get practice. I also dont have the freedom in work anymore to have time off in the same way.

Does it make you less of a member if you dont want to do 6 hours journeys every weekend?
How many folks have been to Oulton to do a trackday? Not too many i would imagine as its too far, what about Croft or Knockhill? So why should I have been to Brands or Snetterton?

Sometimes we just have to realise that unless its the only thing in our lives we might not want to travel that much. I find it a bit harsh to suggest that because we dont go to all the events down south that we are any less of a member. I do acknowledge that most of the members are down south so although we do try and joke about having stuff up north its pretty clear that it wouldn't get much support.

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by Lily]

I was not saying it was making you any less of a member - others may have been suggesting that though? - not me.

I just don't think that distance should be an excuse - simple as that. Once you've committed the time and money (if you can), then another hour each way can't make too much difference can it?

Its a time and money thing - I've no problems with this at all. I've had to compromise on many other things to partake in the DD series and that's my choice, I don't expect or ask for any one else's sympathy or understanding for it - its my choice.

Tim
Old 21-May-2005, 12:00
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Tim,

Neither of us suggested you made that comment, however comments above suggested because we didn't attend certain events we're not real members....

Saying that I didn't see any Southern members at the NW Megameet a few weeks ago???
Old 21-May-2005, 12:03
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
Tim

its a combination of all if i am honest. As most of the tracks are a fair distance way I have not ridden them as track days and could not afford to do track days to get practice. I also dont have the freedom in work anymore to have time off in the same way.

Does it make you less of a member if you dont want to do 6 hours journeys every weekend?
How many folks have been to Oulton to do a trackday? Not too many i would imagine as its too far, what about Croft or Knockhill? So why should I have been to Brands or Snetterton?

Sometimes we just have to realise that unless its the only thing in our lives we might not want to travel that much. I find it a bit harsh to suggest that because we dont go to all the events down south that we are any less of a member. I do acknowledge that most of the members are down south so although we do try and joke about having stuff up north its pretty clear that it wouldn't get much support.

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by Lily]

Jon / Lil - I think that Lil did aim that at me as above.

However, we'll park this here as I believe that we are agreeing.
Tim
Old 21-May-2005, 12:03
Dibble

You're only a real member if you live south of the River Thames .... thats just my unbiased opinion ......

Other than that ..... whens the next "fight thread" starting..... my wooden spoon needs excercising .........

And in Lilys & JPMs defence, they are coming down for 4th July at Brands .. so no question from me on their commitment to this club ......
Old 21-May-2005, 12:56
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
You're only a real member if you live south of the River Thames .... thats just my unbiased opinion ......

or in Surrey!!!
Old 21-May-2005, 13:30
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I think you should all get back in your boxes!

You're all so controversial
Old 21-May-2005, 14:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
I always feel guilty for not supporting things, like the BMF this weekend. But it is a question of juggling all the demands on your spare time and the costs involved. Priority 1 is getting out on the bike - weather permitting. A ride up to Peterborough today would have been pretty *****ty but if I'd decided to go the weather wouldn't have stopped me. But there's friends, family, college work, the dog, umpteen things to consider and, as Lily said, unless bikes are the only thing in your life, you have to make choices that might seem less than supportive of the club. For which I for one apologise.

Rattler, where's my paddock stand? Any chance of bringing it to Castle Coombe on the 4th. I'll be there supporting.
Old 21-May-2005, 14:07
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by fil2how many of the real DSC are going to the BMF...

I'm not, so I guess that means I'm not a real member?? Or do you have to be part of the BHC clique to be 'real'??

some of us have children, families, and - god forbid - interests that AERNT bikes!!

Maybe you should get me expelled and have me flogged in public at the CC DD round.......
Old 21-May-2005, 14:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
how many of the real DSC are going to the BMF...:: [/quote]

Well I'm not going to the BMF nor do I race in the DD series so I guess that I'm not a true DSC member!! Best pack it in now then.....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit