Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Nov-2004, 12:21
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Drunkincramlington,(not quite as exotic a name) but in answer to your search try Mark on 01207 562113 or 07989 562113. Good luck.
Old 12-Nov-2004, 13:15

Mood: I want my 748 back
Thanks for that BDG i will give him a call.

I spent 3months touring the States on an SV650 and was very very drunk at the time (more so in las vegas) hense the name
Old 12-Nov-2004, 14:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by drunkinvegas

I spent 3months touring the States on an SV650 and was very very drunk at the time (more so in las vegas) hense the name

Sounds brilliant fun
Old 12-Nov-2004, 15:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
If you're prepared to do uncomplicated, routine work yourself you could do worse than whip all the fairings off and give all the electrical connectors a good clean and a wipe over with an oily rag (I don't mean that literally by the way, WD40 will do nicely).

In 3 years, my ST has only failed to start three times. In all cases it was an electrical fault. First was a flat battery (which was my own stoopid fault), second was the crankshaft sensor having corroded contacts (just needed a clean, coincidentally by Cornerspeed) and third time was at the Cat & Fiddle when the sidestand cut out switch relay needed scratching clean with KeefyB's thumbnail to make good contact.

You see the pattern here? All the sensors and relays have connectors into the wiring loom that live underneath the fairing and suffer from the damp (especially in winter and wet weather riding), and there are any number of them that can introduce an electrical fault and have you scratching your head. For example if the sidestand relay doesn't kick in, the fuel pump doesn't prime and the starter button won't work. Leads you to think it's something major when all it is is dirty or slightly corroded contacts.

Go round 'em all with a bit of emery cloth and WD40. Having been bitten twice I do it a couple of times a year as part of my regular maintenance pattern now.
Old 13-Nov-2004, 10:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by beancounter

there are lots of independents up and down the country doing great work on our bikes - no need to go to main dealers (I don't any more)

but the attitude that only so-and-so is worthy of working on my bike is widespread here and in my view (hopefully I'm entitled to one) is unnecessary.

Nelly'isn't a main dealer.....
Just a great bloke that'll do owt for anyone above and beyond...
AND it's worth it just to pop up on Saturday and see if I'm there!!!!!:P

Oh! I take milk in my coffee!!!
Old 15-Nov-2004, 22:00
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
kwikbitch
the next time i'm in the uk (next season) i'll do just that - just to see if you are there :-)))):P