Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Define a non scoring Guest rider

Desmo Due Rules and Guest Riders

Just thought I would have a bit of a winge

With more racers intending to join in the series for the last round at Cadwell will they be classed as Guest Riders and not collect points or more importantly take points off riders that have been competeing since the start of the season if they do not meet the following Desmo Due rule

2.1.4 Qualifications for entry to the series

Entrants applying after 12 February 2005 for the 2005 series will have to have been fully paid up members of the Ducati Sporting Club as at 1 January 2005, novice licence holders or not have raced for at least 5 years.

Its already been happening and along with riders getting away with jump starts it has an effect on the overall points total, I know it has on mine.

Kev
Old 13-Sep-2005, 02:12
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Who else is planning to join?
And who's getting jump starts?
Old 13-Sep-2005, 02:24
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Who else is planning to join?
And who's getting jump starts?

Well I know Hawk and T5mission (Adam) are expecting to be out at Cadwell and there may well be others.

As for the jump starts they know who they are, from my view on the 5th row of the grid the long hold of the red lights in race 1 looked as if it caught one or two out, one of which looked good on the video I was shown

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by skidlids]
Old 13-Sep-2005, 02:40
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Ah - video evidence - great !! Maybe that'll explain why I start so badly!!!
Old 13-Sep-2005, 02:41
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

My starts were perfect... it's just that the lights went out after I started
Old 13-Sep-2005, 03:12
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by domski
it's just that the lights went out after I started

Thats what someone else said, it appears they were watching you and not the lights Dom
Old 13-Sep-2005, 10:39
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
How can they confirm a jump start? Are there some judges looking at us? THey're using video? Or maybe they can detect a moving transponder???
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:01
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids

As for the jump starts they know who they are, from my view on the 5th row of the grid the long hold of the red lights in race 1 looked as if it caught one or two out, one of which looked good on the video I was shown

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by skidlids]

I jumped the start on race 1 but I was waaaaaaaay back on slot 34. I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that it was a long hold on race 1.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:28
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Desmo Due Rules and Guest Riders

Just thought I would have a bit of a winge

With more racers intending to join in the series for the last round at Cadwell will they be classed as Guest Riders and not collect points or more importantly take points off riders that have been competeing since the start of the season if they do not meet the following Desmo Due rule

2.1.4 Qualifications for entry to the series

Entrants applying after 12 February 2005 for the 2005 series will have to have been fully paid up members of the Ducati Sporting Club as at 1 January 2005, novice licence holders or not have raced for at least 5 years.

Its already been happening and along with riders getting away with jump starts it has an effect on the overall points total, I know it has on mine.

Kev

Hmm, tricky one. On one hand in the original spirit of the series races should be open to any Club Members fulfilling the criteria, whether they registered at the start of the season.
On the other hand with only small numbers of points separating several groups of riders (yes, that includes me) it could be a bummer losing points, or worse having a "racing incident" over position with someone who is perhaps only using the round as practise for next year and may not meet the 2005 criteria.

Maybe points for the last round should only be awarded to people who have competed in one round this year, regardless of their meeting the requirements?

Tin hat on ;-)

And yes, it seemed a longer hold to me too!
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:31
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Well I know Hawk and T5mission (Adam) are expecting to be out at Cadwell and there may well be others.

Kev Im sure Adam will not be a points stealer, Cadwell for him is a test for next year, toe in the water so to speak. After his last episode there I would imagine him being very Ginger AHH 2 of em now sorry NB.
Dont know enough about Hawk to comment tho.
your Still top of the 583s And by the way you rode at Brands I can see you having no problems holding that position.
Speak soon
Glyn