Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Oct-2003, 17:49

Or how about dropping on the new ST3 style top fairing? Not sure when they're available or how much. Maybe they'll do a carbon fibre one....
Old 31-Oct-2003, 19:02
Ducati Corse

Hi Chris, sold it yet?

I like the new style ST3 nose but i think it would be a very expensive swap to make what with a new headlight, support brackets, the fairing itself and bits and bobs i dont think you'd get much change from £1000.
Old 31-Oct-2003, 21:22
Montjuic

Hi

Thanks for all the suggestions! Particularly the tips about front mudguard compatibility and ST4S hugger!

Keefyboy mentioned about tidying up the backend as you suggested, Jools. I'll give it a crack and see how it looks.

As far as the ST3 front end, sure it's more up to date than the ST2 but I'm not really sure that I like it. Personally, I think the 749/999 headlight configuration looks soooo much better and that the ducati designs is preferable to the ST3. Shame there isn't an 'up and over' headlight mod!

Fatduke - how do you find the ducati designs headlight mod? Are you happy with the look in the flesh? The website says it works better, does it?
Old 01-Nov-2003, 12:16
500SD

Mood: Christ been away too long....
Simon - Yes, mate - I can see in the dark now ('specially with the winter upon us)!!!

It is expensive (import tax was around £100), It was pretty easy to fit, for someone with limited DIY skills! - I did have to mess around pointing the headlights in the right direction and If I remember rightly I had to drill two holes to mount extra relays but that was about it.

You can retain the pilot light if you wish and mount it where you like but I tucked away in the fairing - if needed for MOT I'll mount it somewhere behind the dash (similar to the 749/999 set up).

It is a very good finish and well made.

I did think about doing something with a 996 fairing arrangement but it was too much hassle.

Try this it's a piccy in me garage..

http://fatduke111111.webs.bikers-eng...a/DSCF0001.JPG

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by fatduke11111]
Old 04-Nov-2003, 16:29
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Here's my ST4S-Dialled in cams, 4 pad calipers, carbon clutch cover, sprocket cover, side vents, and dash, the carbon hugger is standard. Ducati performance carbon cans and performance filter, the paint job you can see. Oh and it now has a solid black 'screen'

John
Old 04-Nov-2003, 16:49
500SD

...bloody show off.....

..but it's yellow?!?:P
Old 04-Nov-2003, 23:59
Montjuic

Jees!

Took of the mudguard! What a difference!
You've all given me more than a few ideas - have a feeling that this might end up being expensive!

I already have the DP exhausts but gave them a bit of a scraping a few months ago
Don't s'pose you can buy just one can you?
Old 05-Nov-2003, 20:05
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yah 8uggers......

Well so much for advice about carbon bits...I've bin watching some carbon side vents and dash for 8loody days on ebay.

Just checked it and fatduke111111 (I assume it's you) beat me again!!! Just about to chuck a bid in and the auctions ended, he persuaded the seller to end the auction early.... and Simon Walsh is in there bidding like a good un for the air vents....

Won't bid against guys I know and drive the price up (no chance on the dash anyhow) so good luck Simon...

So taking the mature approach to being beaten to it on both items, I'm gonna hold my breath till I turn blue, stamp up and down on the spot and scream until I'm sick. Don't do it to me again eh guys...bags I get first dibs at the next lot of scarce ST carbon

Actually, it was the dash I really wanted. Haven't had one since the DSC day at mallory....and I think since I've got a lot of spraying to get done, I'll colour match the side vents red...like the new 4S

"Then get off yer a55 Jools, and get yours back from Monty...he'll be charging storage soon"

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by Jools]
Old 06-Nov-2003, 23:22
500SD

Jools - The bloke is a bit pikey... he sent me a mail saying that his wife threw all of the bits out!!?!? (Carbon Air vents as well as the dash).

I never got them....**** mate if you want it and I see if first I'll let you know - I'm really not that bothered just looked a bit cheap to me.

Looks like Simon is heading for the renegade cans...
Old 06-Nov-2003, 23:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Nah Fatduke, no problemo. Seriously, I was like you. If they were cheap enough then I thought I'd give em a pop but otherwise I'm not losing sleep over it.

I have got the standard dash, I just took it off at the DSC trackday so I could take my mirrors off as well. Gave the bits to Monty for safekeeping in his car and couldn't be assed to screw them back on for the journey home (the dash that is, not the mirrors).

If I get a desperate carbon craving I think I'll see if ripsnorting can make me a few bits, but I've got a carbon hugger, and tank pad thingy now so I wouldn't want to give the ST2 ideas above it's station