Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Sep-2009, 01:57
GTL

To get mine out of sleep mode, I turn the ignition on then off again then press the remote, turn back on and away we go. Have you tried disarming with the pin number? Could be fob battery as Ray suggests or the fob itself playing up…happened to Jools with no reason or warning just the other week. Also my Meta has a small fuse next to the alarm body, worth a look perhaps. Hope you get it sorted.
Old 16-Sep-2009, 16:00
Bevel Head

Mood: Alway's smiling when on my Duke
Hi Ian replaced the fob battery this morning and nothing. I am unable to enter the code as the led is not on. Tried turning ignition on and off with the fob pressed and nothing. I have looked everywhere had the battery out and unable to find the fuse line. As I said am sure its the alarm as it is not responding to the fob and the led has went off. Batery fully charged. I did find under the seat 2 fuse holders and the fuses were okay...not sure if these were for the alarm though.
I had a similar problem before with another bike but it was a data tool alarm. I was told to spike it by disconecting the bike battery and the alarm battery overnight. Then connect all and he presto.
Was wondering if there is a similar fix for the Meta 357.
Old 16-Sep-2009, 16:01
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748adam
just out of interest whay model number is it (usually on a sticker on the alarm box) as i have recently had to take a meta off an R6 as the battery on the bike went flat, when the customer conected the new battery it blew the relays in the alarm box.
The alarm model in question was only supplied for about 6 months then Meta changed the design and re-called all the faulty one's.

Thought it might be worth a mention!!

Adam
Hi Adam just checked and its a Meta 357.
Old 16-Sep-2009, 17:15
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I did post up the instructions for the Meta 357 but can't find them on the board now. Here they are again anyway, just in case you don't have them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meta_357T_1.jpg (43.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg meta_357T_2.jpg (63.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg meta_357T_3.jpg (35.1 KB, 2 views)

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 16-Sep-2009, 19:53
Bevel Head

Hi Antonye yes got the instructions thanks. Spoke to a rep at Meta and he said it sounds like the alarm fuse has blown.
I have checked high and low and am unable to find the fuse line anywhere.
Anyone know where it might be hiding.

Last edited by Dougie748 : 16-Sep-2009 at 20:17.
Old 16-Sep-2009, 21:08
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
That's a tough one as the alarms are fitted with all black wires that are labelled before installation, then the labels removed after to make it harder for thieves to hot-wire the bike!
The installer could have routed the wires anywhere (again to make it harder to hot-wire) so it will be a case of tracing back each wire and finding out where it goes.
I presume you have found the unit itself? Mine was fitted in a gap in the frame just above the battery, but obviously yours could be anywhere. Be prepared for a couple of hours of head-scratching and fairing removal!!
Good luck!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 16-Sep-2009, 21:22
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Just to upset you a bit more Dougie... you know that alarm has TWO fuses?!!

One will (should) be on the wire taking a direct feed from the +ve on the bikes battery to the alarm unit, probably in a cylinder type connector. The other one, I've no idea.
Old 16-Sep-2009, 22:53
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
The Meta on my 999 has the constant +ve feed taken from the ignition switch wiring. There is a small fuse holder in series with this wire. The 10 amp fuse is about half the size of a normal automotive fuse so the fuse holder is quite small. Find where they have tapped into the constant feed and you should find the fuse holder.
Old 17-Sep-2009, 00:06
Bevel Head

Hi Chris thanks for your reply. I have just spent the last 3 hours looking for the fuse with no joy. I have even started to take the tape off the wiring loom as I was told it could be taped over. What a nightmare as I just dont know where to look now.
Maybe tomorrow i will go out to the garage and find it .
Old 17-Sep-2009, 12:46
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
The fuse holders for some alarm systems come separate and have to be soldered onto the wiring. Just a thought, is there actually a fuse fitted? Was the fitter too lazy to fit it?