Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Nov-2006, 11:33
888 at Last !!!

Mood: On the up
Any 749r owners with a decent digital camera?

As the title says, I'm looking for a friendly forum member who owns both an 749r and a decent digital camera. I'm cleaning out my garage at the moment readiness for a new bike. Unfortunately I sold my 749r before I read on another forum of the idea of hanging a few pics of pre-owned bikes and cars came to mind. Can't have a wall that's missing the 749r can I? Unfortunately I need the photo to be taken in 'raw' format so, despite the fact that I have dozens of photos of my ex 749r, none of them will work well on a larger sized piece of canvas.

Only looking for a fairing badge view, straight on,. but close enough so that the logo is centered and only some of the raw carbon and a tiny bit of frame is visible in the top left corner.

I would post the same shot I've already got (it is too poor quality and wont enlarge well at all), however, the size of the file for some reason, means I can't even upload an example!

Thanks for any help!

John
Old 20-Nov-2006, 11:54
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Just a thought, but if you have a decent digital camera and the person you sold it to isn't at the other end of the country, you might be able to go and take a photo of your 749R instead of a 749R.

Or the person you sold your bike to might oblige

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 20-Nov-2006, 12:49
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy
As the title says, I'm looking for a friendly forum member who owns both an 749r and a decent digital camera. I'm cleaning out my garage at the moment readiness for a new bike. Unfortunately I sold my 749r before I read on another forum of the idea of hanging a few pics of pre-owned bikes and cars came to mind. Can't have a wall that's missing the 749r can I? Unfortunately I need the photo to be taken in 'raw' format so, despite the fact that I have dozens of photos of my ex 749r, none of them will work well on a larger sized piece of canvas.

Only looking for a fairing badge view, straight on,. but close enough so that the logo is centered and only some of the raw carbon and a tiny bit of frame is visible in the top left corner.

I would post the same shot I've already got (it is too poor quality and wont enlarge well at all), however, the size of the file for some reason, means I can't even upload an example!

Thanks for any help!

John

File size limit for attachments is 1MB. You could host it on the web somewhere else, there are plenty of free hosting sites, and use the 'insert image' option or the [IMG] tags to display it in your post if you like.
Old 20-Nov-2006, 14:17
888 at Last !!!

Good idea Jools, but I know they are out of the country on duty and they live in Scotland...!

Last edited by ratboy : 20-Nov-2006 at 14:20.
Old 20-Nov-2006, 14:18
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
File size limit for attachments is 1MB. You could host it on the web somewhere else, there are plenty of free hosting sites, and use the 'insert image' option or the [IMG] tags to display it in your post if you like.

Thanks for the tip TP, will try that this afternoon then!
Old 20-Nov-2006, 16:13
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 749R 2004

Mood: luvin' bein back out on the 'R'
got a Pentax istD (does raw) & a 749R
Old 20-Nov-2006, 17:54
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy G
got a Pentax istD (does raw) & a 749R

Sharpy, can I owe you a pint, or else make a donation to a charity then - for a lovely close up of badge and some fairing please...??
Old 20-Nov-2006, 18:51
888 at Last !!!

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?i...otos028yq1.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?i...icture4ny7.jpg

Two examples (forgive the car one) and the current 749r one is poor quality Bit these give an idea of what I am trying to achieve. A friend is then going to print them onto canvas for me.

Sorry about the cut and paste jobbie, couldn't work out how to get the images in, as I cannot (is it just me..!) find the code key to enable me to do it.
Old 20-Nov-2006, 22:28
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 749R 2004

Mood: luvin' bein back out on the 'R'
pm me your address for the cd
G
Old 27-Nov-2006, 03:33

Hi - I have 749R (2004) and digital camera, if you need any more images just let me know.

Ronnie