Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Apr-2014, 13:40
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Lands End to John O'Groats Cycle Ride for Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance

https://www.justgiving.com/MJSisley

Someof you will remember that a couple of years ago, I cycled from London to Paris,and you helped me raise nearly £2000 for Breast Cancer Care. Well, this JuneI’m going one better. This time I’m going to achieve a lifetime ambition and,along with Kane and Ray, cycle the length of our island, from Lands End all theway up to John O’Groats. Along the way, we will visit the southern-most tip ofthe UK mainland (Lizard Point) and the northern-most tip (Dunnet Head). Forgood measure, we’ll also visit Wales. This is not an organised trip – beyondthe planning we have done – and is unsupported so we will be carrying our ownluggage. We will leave on Friday the 13th June (luckily I’m notsuperstitious!) and will arrive in John O’Groats 13 days later on Wednesday 25thJune.

With such a trip, it seems a shame not to raise money for a worthy cause, andthat cause is the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance.

Like most people, I’ve heard regularly about the Air Ambulance on radio travelnews bulletins, but it wasn’t until a friend of mine was air lifted to hospitalin Oxford after a hit and run driver left him unconscious in the road, that Icame to understand that each regional Air Ambulance is operated by anindependent charity, and depends on donations to keep flying.

Each mission flown costs in the region of £2500, with an average of 3 missionsper day. No funding is received from Central Government or the National Lottery
. This means every singlepenny needed is raised by the community and businesses of Berkshire,Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.

I don’t like asking for money – but please – give whatever you can. My aim isto break through the £2000 barrier this time and I’m sure with your help we cando that.

More info on the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust -
http://www.tvacaa.org/thetrust.php

Old 23-Apr-2014, 11:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Great cause and good luck Martin!

You may bump into our own Andy Hind who is running (yes, RUNNING!) in the opposite direction at about the same time!! Nutter.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 25-Apr-2014, 07:38
Webteam
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Great cause and good luck Martin!

You may bump into our own Andy Hind who is running (yes, RUNNING!) in the opposite direction at about the same time!! Nutter.

Yes, it's going to be a great trip. I'm sure there will be pain along the way, but then nothing good comes without some form of sacrifice.

But at least I'm not mad enough to try running it!!

I will drop Andy a PM and see if I can get his schedule - you never know, we might be able to meet up somewhere.
Old 03-May-2014, 21:53
Webteam
Big Twin

An update:

Fundraising has passed through the £700 mark inside a week, which I'm sure you will agree is a fantastic achievement.

But it takes more than that to keep the Air Ambulance flying - please please please - as Bob Geldof once said - Give us the money!

2 nights this week driving home from work I've heard of roads being closed because the air ambulance has landed - it can only keep doing that if people support them.

Thanks
Martin

Old 09-Jun-2014, 13:46
Webteam
Big Twin

Another update

With just 4 days to go until departure - that's right - Friday the 13th - fundraising is hovering just around £2500 - far more than I ever hoped to raise - but I know I can get more!!!

So i want to say a big thank you to everyone who has sponsored me, and hope that some who haven't yet may still choose to sponsor this great cause.

For those who want to follow - I'll be updating a blog on a regular basis:

https://velomartinlejog.wordpress.com/

Thanks again to everyone for their generosity
Martin
Old 16-Jun-2014, 00:52
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Day 3 of Martin's Blog has just been written...

So far - so good!
Old 04-Jul-2014, 18:29
WSB Hero

VERY WELL DONE Martin & friends, still reading the blogs but so few mechanical worries is very impressive too.

Be proud of your achievement!
Old 04-Jul-2014, 18:40
Webteam
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
VERY WELL DONE Martin & friends, still reading the blogs but so few mechanical worries is very impressive too.

Be proud of your achievement!

Cheers Frank - it was amazing - not one mechanical, and only one puncture in over 3000 miles on the road..

I can see why you take the time to ride up to Scotland for the weekend - absolutely stunning roads, plenty of Ducatis on the road - couldn't help but chat to the guy with the 1199 Panigale on the Gourock to Dunoon ferry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0862 - Copy.JPG (413.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-Jul-2014, 00:24
WSB Hero

How Bizarre Martin, the 1199R Owner is Norrie, a buddy that I'm riding to WDW with next weekend!
Old 05-Jul-2014, 09:05
Webteam
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
How Bizarre Martin, the 1199R Owner is Norrie, a buddy that I'm riding to WDW with next weekend!

Small world eh??

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit