Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-Sep-2009, 15:21
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Question Could it happen in Moto GP?

Looks like Nelson Piquet Jr was asked to throw his F1 Renault off the track last year at Singapore. Flav B. and Symonds have gone before they come up before the FIA.

Who's the craziest? Those that dream up the plan thinking they will get away with it, the person on track who has to carry it out? or is the crazymeister award a dead heat?

Could a similar plan be hatched in moto GP?

No 1 rider in the lead, opposition catching rapidly, No2 rider or satellite team rider gets the pre arranged nod to dump his bike to bring out the red flag when enough laps run for the race to be declared a result?

Ray.
Old 16-Sep-2009, 16:05
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
I think (and hope) it couldn't happen in MGP firstly because the risk to the rider is far greater, and the lack of radios would make passing the signal to the rider surrepticiously much more difficult.

Mind you, I did see an AMA race a couple of years ago where the rider crashed (while leading I think), and then ran back onto the track and laid down to ensure the race was stopped. I don't think he was penalised either!

But then again, I thought Renault wouldn't be that stupid either. Wonder how big the fine's going to be?
Old 16-Sep-2009, 17:38
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Lifetime ban? What else has happenned that they and other teams have not been caught for?

Don't fancy deliberately crashing an F1 car, let alone a MotoGP bike

WeeJohnyB
Old 16-Sep-2009, 18:01
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I must admit, I just had a quick look on the BBC news site and picked this up. After the statements that Briatore and Symonds made at Monza over the last weekend, I am surprised that they have walked, perhaps they thought that they could bluff their way through it? They were planning on suing Piquet for balckmail and defamation.

There are further rumours that this is all a plan by Max Mosely to get Jean Todt elected as his replacement, which apparently Briatore would not support.

Probably there was a suspicion about Piquet's crash, he thought he could blackmail the team to keep his seat, it didn't happen and now it all blows up in peoples faces.

I cant see how anyone would look at employing Piquet in the future if he actually did it!

Cant see anyone winning out of this!
Old 21-Sep-2009, 23:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
bit of a kop out for a punishment if you ask me, a 2yr suspended sentance that keeps renualt in f1 next year,braitore out (hed walked already) and your right about piquet being unemployable although i expect he'll get a seat somewhere as he probably as few quid sponsorship in his back pocket ?
Old 22-Sep-2009, 00:49
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej
bit of a kop out for a punishment if you ask me, a 2yr suspended sentance that keeps renualt in f1 next year,braitore out (hed walked already) and your right about piquet being unemployable although i expect he'll get a seat somewhere as he probably as few quid sponsorship in his back pocket ?

Yep, they need to keep as many cars on the grid as possible, less cars, less sponsership, less money in to Max's and Bernie's pockets.

Chris
Old 22-Sep-2009, 20:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
mclaren got 100million fine for having info about ferrari in thewr possesion
renault £0
all is not as it should be, something is going on behind the scenes
Old 22-Sep-2009, 22:02
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn
mclaren got 100million fine for having info about ferrari in thewr possesion
renault £0
all is not as it should be, something is going on behind the scenes

Too dam true-something to do with the economic situation maybe?? Would serve the scheming s0d's right if Renault quit anyway...........

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 23-Sep-2009, 00:09
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

FIA have always had it in for Mclaren and particuarly Ron Dennis, possibly part of the reason he jacked. One rule for Mad Max's mates and and another for his enemies, sooner he is gone the better and I hope Ari Vatenen gets the job, someone who is not a product of F1. Jean Todt has too much history with Ferrari
Old 23-Sep-2009, 00:14
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

sorry i didnt answer the question, I sincerely hope that the MotoGP riders are brighter than Piquet Jnr.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit