Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted
This section is for all your DesmoDue race parts, accessories and the like.

Old 27-Nov-2011, 19:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmaster
Keep the info coming Skidlids. I have a 750ie setup for racing and am considering converting it into a 620 class A setup. Any suggestions would be SUPER helpful.

Been thinking of doing the same with mine.
Cheapest options is probably to fit 620 Heads (complete) and 620 Barrels and Pistons. Trouble is sourcing them. Otherwise go with a complete 620 Engine (ideally not the Multistrada)

Then try and find someone to lift the 750s Rev limiter (mines set to 10500 rpm) and also reprogram the fueling. FIM software use to do this as does Techno Research's Direct Link software and Dongle. Not sure if the Software Chris at CJS or Mark at BSD can do it, probably worth a phone call

Andy Challis run with a Standard 750SSie ECU setup by MArk at BSD in Peterborough as far as I'm aware and not only won races but also broke Class A lap records, hate to think how well he would have gone with 1500 extra revs available to him

Stick with all of the 750 Electrics, Tacho, fuel pump, injectors etc

I say stay with the early injectors as they match the 1.5M ECU better, the Pico Injectors off the 620 don't fit the 750 throttle bodies and flow 20% more fuel, so would leave the mapping a lot of work to do

This method means you have nothing to do with coded clocks, coded ECUs or keys with Transponders.

Also you don't have to worry about the weak point of the 5.9M ECU as used by the 620 where it is possible to loose a ignition coil output driver leaving you with a single cylinder as it did with me at Snetterton this year and Pembrey Last year, on both occasions they were wet races. Many of my connectors are now filled with Flowable Silicon to hopefully prevent this happening again

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 28-Nov-2011, 11:28
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Cheers fella

great info

take it i'll need a Power Commander to sort the fuelling and there's no clever way of fettling the ECU is there?

Just on that point I've been offered 620 donor with no keys (legit obviously) ..
If I took it on is it a major ball ache to have it recoded? ..

Can you have a keyless setup with the newer electronics?
Old 28-Nov-2011, 11:57
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
quite a few places can sort ECU now, I suspect a few DD'ers are heading down to CJS at Bristol for a custom map. I *believe* the ecu can also be flashed so you dont need the key/clocks by turning the immobiliser off
Old 28-Nov-2011, 11:58
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Then try and find someone to lift the 750s Rev limiter (mines set to 10500 rpm) and also reprogram the fueling. FIM software use to do this as does Techno Research's Direct Link software and Dongle. Not sure if the Software Chris at CJS or Mark at BSD can do it, probably worth a phone call

Andy Challis run with a Standard 750SSie ECU setup by MArk at BSD in Peterborough as far as I'm aware and not only won races but also broke Class A lap records, hate to think how well he would have gone with 1500 extra revs available to him

I bought the TechnoResearch kit and tried to change the ECU on that bike when it was mine, but I could never get it to work properly. It would see the ECU and could communicate, so you could read settings and see things happening, but it would not dump the ECU and allow me to change things.

Despite numerous attempts to contact TechnoResearch, I never got any support from them!

I passed the kit on to Mark for use on his BlackBeast, but I don't think he's used it yet (so the dongle is still unused) so he may well be willing to sell it on.

But anyway, I now have some different kit which allows me to read and write 1.5 ECUs. I have a couple on my desk (one is a DP version) to play with, so if anyone wants to have a fiddle, let me know.

And of course I can also remove the immobiliser from 59M/5AM model ECUs (as well as reflash and remap) if anyone wants to go keyless!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 28-Nov-2011, 11:59
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
But anyway, I now have some different kit which allows me to read and write 1.5 ECUs. I have a couple on my desk (one is a DP version) to play with, so if anyone wants to have a fiddle, let me know...

there you go.....
Old 28-Nov-2011, 23:01
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
MUCHOS GRACIAS

Antonye .. sent you a PM