Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jul-2009, 08:37
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Seems like Ducati stopped making a real gem of a bike when they stopped producing the STS. I was very pleasantly surprised on my first track day and for everyday use it is so much fun (except for the bloody heat!). Tire pressures are something I always check before riding and they do make a difference.
Old 07-Jul-2009, 11:55
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pguenet
I have to say that I would not quite know what to move to as everyday bike. I have now clocked 33,000 (catching you up Monty). p

I didn't know you had a '4s as well Phillippe-how many bikes is that now??
Yes you are catching me up, but only because I haven't been able to ride mine for the last 18 months-the drop and shoulder injury last year and hand surgery this year has sort of slowed me down a bit. In fact I am selling the ST4S as the riding position is too wristy (believe it or not) for my wrist's now-Sparky is going as well for the same reason.
I have ordered the new Multistrada thingy with the 1198 engine to replace them so all is not lost.............

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 31-Jul-2009, 00:21
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
I didn't know you had a '4s as well Phillippe-how many bikes is that now??
Yes you are catching me up, but only because I haven't been able to ride mine for the last 18 months-the drop and shoulder injury last year and hand surgery this year has sort of slowed me down a bit. In fact I am selling the ST4S as the riding position is too wristy (believe it or not) for my wrist's now-Sparky is going as well for the same reason.
I have ordered the new Multistrada thingy with the 1198 engine to replace them so all is not lost.............
John

My ST4s came with some small risers that I removed as I felt the handle bar was too high. Let me know if they would be any help to you. But I guess the new multithingy will be more than enough (not sure about knobly tyres though)

I tend to say that I am on 2.5 bikes at the moment.

ST4s for everyday (now heading towards the 35,000m...). I think that when I reach about 50,000 I will do a complete refurb.

+ 1038 RS for the track (998s which just got bored out to 1038cc with RS chassis and big mods. That used to be the bike the Mike Fernandez was racing in MRO. Only thing needed to be finished on her is redoing the race loom + installing a logger.

+ a special built from a 996 SPS Foggy, 996SPS engine with much Corse specs and pretty much full RS/Corse Chassis from a mix of 955Corse / 916R and 996RS. Some compromises made for road usage and will aim to have it on daytime MOT. Bike is currently at Nelly. Should have her finished by Autumn / end of year.

... then the part bin has been growing and I am thinking about doing a Sparky as well on a 996 chassis and Multistrada engine. But that's at least a year away!
Old 31-Jul-2009, 10:38
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pguenet
My ST4s came with some small risers that I removed as I felt the handle bar was too high. Let me know if they would be any help to you. But I guess the new multithingy will be more than enough (not sure about knobly tyres though)

I tend to say that I am on 2.5 bikes at the moment.

ST4s for everyday (now heading towards the 35,000m...). I think that when I reach about 50,000 I will do a complete refurb.

+ 1038 RS for the track (998s which just got bored out to 1038cc with RS chassis and big mods. That used to be the bike the Mike Fernandez was racing in MRO. Only thing needed to be finished on her is redoing the race loom + installing a logger.

+ a special built from a 996 SPS Foggy, 996SPS engine with much Corse specs and pretty much full RS/Corse Chassis from a mix of 955Corse / 916R and 996RS. Some compromises made for road usage and will aim to have it on daytime MOT. Bike is currently at Nelly. Should have her finished by Autumn / end of year.

... then the part bin has been growing and I am thinking about doing a Sparky as well on a 996 chassis and Multistrada engine. But that's at least a year away!

You're keeping busy then.................

You really don't need to build a Sparky replica when the original is available you know.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 31-Jul-2009, 17:27
Big Twin

I know and maybe I will think about it next year. But a Sparky is a bit of a personal creation + part of the motivation is to clear the part bin (that includes things like 46mm race ohlins, Brembo GP brake calipers, carbon tank, etc)...

That said if you ever committed the sacriledge to break Sparkie appart I would be very interested in Engine / Loom / ECU / Injection / Dash / possibly exhaust.

p