Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Apr-2004, 15:14
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Twin feed to rear sprocket
Old 09-Apr-2004, 15:17
Big Twin

Hope these help you - can't get a good pic of the vacuum feed but it simply goes into the rear cylinder vacuum port ( the one used for throttle balancing ) - the kit has a neat little brass adaptor which fits perfectly.
If you need any more, let me know.
Cheers
Andy
Old 10-Apr-2004, 00:42

Rushjob has done a great job of demonstrating, same as mine and works perfectly
Old 11-Apr-2004, 17:28
Mille

Mood: Back on the bike
Relieved to see that I fitted mine exactly in the same way......
Old 11-Apr-2004, 19:54
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rushjob
Hope these help you - can't get a good pic of the vacuum feed but it simply goes into the rear cylinder vacuum port ( the one used for throttle balancing ) - the kit has a neat little brass adaptor which fits perfectly.
If you need any more, let me know.
Cheers
Andy

Andy,

many thanks for taking the time to take/post the pics.
I have fitted my reservoir on the righthand side lower frame rail (if that makes sense), which is behind the damper reservoir on my bike. Main reason for fitting this side was so I can keep the left side clear for one of the storage bags I've seen.

Good to see that I've fed the pipe down the inside of the rear framework the same as you have. This concerned me a bit due to the proximity of the rear cylinders exhaust. I guess its not too much of a problem though.

In a fit of madness I have decided to arrange the feed at the front sprocket. Time will tell if it is a success.

I'm not sure of the vacuum port your on about, I still have to connect this (job for tomorrow morning). I have a 996 manual so I'll have a read of that in a moment to figure out where you mean.

I took pics of my install too, so I'll post them up shortly. Btw, I found a link to a scottoiler install via the st4s website which is similar to your install (reservoir mounted differently).

Many thanks,
John.
Old 11-Apr-2004, 21:25
Big Twin

I considered the front sprocket feed for mine but decided against it when I saw how much crud it accrued under the gearbox sprocket cover, however, each to his own...
Which ever way you fit it, at least you have the benefit of constant lubrication for the chain & sprockets which has to be good - I was a little upset when I had to adjust my chain a few days ago......I'd only done it 2300 miles earlier....!
Cheers
Andy
Old 11-Apr-2004, 21:35
Big Twin

For the brass thingy...look at the rear cylinder from the gearshift side....follow the inlet mainfold forward and you'll see a slotted screw...remove this & put the brass thingy in in its place...like this........
Old 11-Apr-2004, 21:36
Big Twin

Then the vacuum feed clips on like this.......

Cheers
Andy
Old 11-Apr-2004, 21:37
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Vacuum Point

If you are using the Haynes manual for 748/916/996 the only picture of the vacuum take off is in the Fuel and Exhaust System section page 4.15 picture 10.10b. If you look at the picture the screw you require is in the centre about one third up from the bottom. It has a slotted head and is made of brass. It you try to remove it with the fairing on then be careful. If you drop it then a magnet will not pick it out. (Blue tack helps to retain it on the screwdriver blade). For installation I used a socket on an extension bar and was careful to avoid cross threading. Attaching the rubber take off connector was achieved with the aid of an extension bar to push it home.

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by chrisw]
Old 11-Apr-2004, 22:07
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Thanks Andy & Chris.

I did look in the manual and sussed out where I needed to connect the pipe. Funnily enough I had already removed that screw earlier, but put it back incase it was not the right place

As for crud collecting in the the front sprocket cover, I had thought about changing to a carbon one. Its only 2 screws to remove though, so just another task on the cleaning list.
I still might change the front oiling, depending on how successful it actually works as I have it now.

Just about to upload my install pics.

Cheers again guys.
John.