Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Jul-2009, 21:20
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Swapping Fuel Lines

I recently took my tank off to take a look at my air filters.
I noticed however that the fuel hose unions connecting the hoses to the fuel pump on the underside of the tank had been installed "in reverse" i.e. black to white (delivery "M" to return "R") and vice-versa, white to black (return "R" to delivery "M").

The bike had been running quite fine for a few thousand miles since the tank was last removed with the hoses incorrectly connected (note, I wasn't the last person to remove the tank...........but you know who you are if you're reading this!! :-> ).

After checking the hoses were fitted to the correct throttle bodies etc, I reinstalled them correctly per the book. Seems to start and run fine except haven't been out on it yet.

I was surprised that it had run without any noticeable problems - why do they go to the bother of making them different colours, putting "M" and "R" markers on them and stamping the bottom of the tank "in" and "out"??

Bike is a 916SPS with a P8 twin injector setup as standard.

Any comments from the clever boys out there?

R
Old 21-Jul-2009, 21:40
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
It makes no difference on a 9**/748 it dose on some other models so guess they mark them all the same.