Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Jan-2006, 20:14
Ducati Corse

I'll take some pics at the weekend. Its a bit difficult at the mo cos i need to move the Monster which isn't easy with a broken arm. Also i parked the car too close to the doors and i can't get them open.
Old 05-Jan-2006, 21:13
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
I'll take some pics at the weekend. Its a bit difficult at the mo cos i need to move the Monster which isn't easy with a broken arm. Also i parked the car too close to the doors and i can't get them open.

cheers mate please dont go to any more trouble especially in your predicament, id hate to hear you had dropped it trying to get me pics.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-Jan-2006, 22:33
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Mine is fitted in the same way, and fitted to the underside of the swinging arm. I stuck it using the superglue that came in the kit. I cleaned the underside of the s/a with 'a545 protect & shine' spray. One of the places has become unstuck now, but it doesn't hang down so I've left it as is.

I have also fitted a 'viper' dual feed end, so it oils both sides of the chain, which works a treat. The two tubes rub on either side of the rear sprocket which then throws the oil out into the chain.

I did try feeding oil to the front sprocket as mentioned in the posted link, but found it kept eating the end of the tube !

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by John W]
Old 05-Jan-2006, 23:42
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by John W
Mine is fitted in the same way, and fitted to the underside of the swinging arm. I stuck it using the superglue that came in the kit. I cleaned the underside of the s/a with 'a545 protect & shine' spray. One of the places has become unstuck now, but it doesn't hang down so I've left it as is.

I have also fitted a 'viper' dual feed end, so it oils both sides of the chain, which works a treat. The two tubes rub on either side of the rear sprocket which then throws the oil out into the chain.

I did try feeding oil to the front sprocket as mentioned in the posted link, but found it kept eating the end of the tube !

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by John W]

John is that the dual dispensor ?

C:\Documents and Settings\Manager\Desktop\VFR800_sprocket2.jpg
Old 05-Jan-2006, 23:43
Ducati Meccanica

and another

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by YMFB]
Old 07-Jan-2006, 12:26

Mood: dissapointed
ST4S vibration

Well loosened the chain to 50mm free play when the bikes on the centre stand, interestingly with a pillion on board when I reached down to check,the free play was still only about 5mm.I wonder if this is enough!?
vibration has improved maybe 20% but still there.
When I adjusted the chain, the wheel as returned from the dealer after a smaller frtont sproket had been fitted & engine tuned, still squeaked.
The dealer had said to ignore the swing arm graduations & that they used a laser to line up the wheel.
When I checked the graduations, they were exactly the same measurement from the back of the swingarm on each side. I measured the rear of the axle to the rear of the swingarm & re adjusted & the squeak vanished!
Old 07-Jan-2006, 17:01
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by tebby
Well loosened the chain to 50mm free play when the bikes on the centre stand, interestingly with a pillion on board when I reached down to check,the free play was still only about 5mm.I wonder if this is enough!?
vibration has improved maybe 20% but still there.
When I adjusted the chain, the wheel as returned from the dealer after a smaller frtont sproket had been fitted & engine tuned, still squeaked.
The dealer had said to ignore the swing arm graduations & that they used a laser to line up the wheel.
When I checked the graduations, they were exactly the same measurement from the back of the swingarm on each side. I measured the rear of the axle to the rear of the swingarm & re adjusted & the squeak vanished!

Has anyone else used a laserline to align the back wheel, Im sure they are cheap enough from B & Q ?
Old 10-Jan-2006, 13:11
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Quote:
Originally posted by YMFB
Has anyone else used a laserline to align the back wheel, Im sure they are cheap enough from B & Q ?

I'd never though of using a laser. I just bought one from Aldi for £8.49. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-Jan-2006, 22:26
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Steven,

yes, the 'viper' is basically the end bit as shown in those links you posted. Sorry for delay in posting - very busy so only getting the occasionaly evening to try to keep up on the posts.

Never used a laser line. I use a 1.8m spirit level lifted off the floor by a couple of bits of 4x2 timber. I then line it up across the edge of the tyre and check I have a similar clearance either side of the front wheel. once you have it set you just need to ensure you put the same number of turns on each side when you adjust the tension
Old 22-Jan-2006, 10:26
Ducati Meccanica

what setting have you guys got your scott oilers set on ?

I fitted mine last week, primed it but didnt get the oil all the way out just 1/3 down the discharge line, set in on no.1 and went for a ride yesterday forgot to check it until I got back and if the oil has moved it ain't far. Ive turned it up but would be pleased to know what you have yours set on.