Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Feb-2006, 08:34
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
So please tell me. Is it 3 or 5 groups at brands. If it's 3 then i am sending my form off. But if it's 5 then sorry it's not for me. I don't like the idea of all the waiting around for less track time, then another company will get my money.
Old 02-Feb-2006, 10:05
GTL

Three groups. Novice/inters get allocated to either novices or inters depending on space. Inters/fast get allocated to either inters or fast .

I think the intention is that there is not a situation where Inters is full to bursting, not allowing movement between groups as the day progresses. Worked very well at Brands last year.

Re: price at Brands, still WAY cheaper for us South Londoners than travelling to any other track. Brands Indy may not be the largest track in the country, but Its great for knocking out the same corner time and time again to try and get it right, and when one of the corners is Paddock Hill, I'm not complaining....entry form on its way.
Old 02-Feb-2006, 11:12
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
One thing - just had a quick look at the Cadwell form so apologies if I've not read it right - can you make sure you specify which Cadwell day you want if you are not planning on doing both of them.....
Old 02-Feb-2006, 11:47
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by doogalman
So please tell me. Is it 3 or 5 groups at brands. If it's 3 then i am sending my form off. But if it's 5 then sorry it's not for me. I don't like the idea of all the waiting around for less track time, then another company will get my money.

Just to be absolutely clear - there will only be three groups on the day.
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:20
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
I have checked against commercial days and the club is a bit cheaper on Brands for end May.
John

Hmmm, this bit technically isn't true Focused for example have a date in May for £149 and a date in June for £149

Focused 15/5 Brands Indy

Focused 14/6

Not trying to be pedantic and be a sh*t stirrer Monty, just stating fact
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:28
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i noticed that too.

although at the end of the day we may well have less bike on track; not sure; and they will all be members so hoefully more civilised.

at the end of the day we can either do it or not.
Old 02-Feb-2006, 14:00
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Form on way for Brands
Old 03-Feb-2006, 00:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Why's Brands open to owt...??? But Caddie is Dukes on First day and owt on 2nd?...
Is that because of the loss made last time?
Old 03-Feb-2006, 15:29
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbitch
Why's Brands open to owt...??? But Caddie is Dukes on First day and owt on 2nd?...
Is that because of the loss made last time?

Absolutely darling, and because I get moaned at continually to let club members ride whatever bikes they want. So, to allow for this Brands and Oulton-which are more expensive and so harder to fill are open to members riding whatever bike. Cadwell is one Ducati only day and one open day-seemed fair to me, and the rest of the MT agreed.

John
Old 03-Feb-2006, 15:38
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
I have checked against commercial days and the club is a bit cheaper on Brands for end May.
John

Hmmm, this bit technically isn't true Focused for example have a date in May for £149 and a date in June for £149

Focused 15/5 Brands Indy

Focused 14/6

Not trying to be pedantic and be a sh*t stirrer Monty, just stating fact

I stand corrected JP-mind you they have the same days on the UK Trackdays listing at £159-which is where I checked since all days are there not just focused.
All I can assume is that they have a special deal with Brands MSV-(which I have been assured they don't) since they will need to fill it to make anything at all-without allowing for their cost's. What they may be doing is booking the track and providing their own medical and marshall cover-in which case they are not bound by MSV's operating procedures and can put more people out on track.

John

[Edited on 3-2-2006 by Monty]