Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-May-2006, 16:58
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Key Code Card

When I got my bike last year it only had one key and had to get a new key set, immobiliser and ECU - not at my expense fortunately!
Now the new locks came with a red key, 2 black keys and a key code card.
The manual tells me that "the electronic key code can be used to start the engine in the event of an emergency" but doesn't say how to do this.
Does anyone know how to enter the key code on an 03 ST4s?
I'm just curious in case I ever need to do it.
Old 05-May-2006, 07:10
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
The code is to basically override the imobiliser.Bit of a complicated operation to do.It involves turning the ignition on with the throttle open,...then counting the number of times the EOBD warning light flashes.Once the light flashes the amount of times equal to the first digit on your key code,open the throttle for about 2 seconds,then release.Continue in the same way with the rest of the digits.
If you get it wrong,the light stays on and you have to start again.
If you have done it right,the light will flash,then go out when the engine is started.
I think thats about right.The full procedure is printed in the 999/Multistrada manuals,....I'm guessing the ST is the same.
Mebbe you could download the rellevant pages from the Ducati website?
Old 05-May-2006, 10:10
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Someone has kindly emailed me the page from an '06 ST manual. The '03 doesn't have the digital dash nor an EOBD light but I'm guessing that the immobiliser light will work the same way.
Old 06-May-2006, 07:21
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Derek
Someone has kindly emailed me the page from an '06 ST manual. The '03 doesn't have the digital dash nor an EOBD light but I'm guessing that the immobiliser light will work the same way.
Probably,....it will be rather difficult to count the flashing EOBD light if it does'nt have one tho.