Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Mar-2009, 18:51
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
DD 2010, So where should I send my letter :)

Sometimes you have to see the funny side

Dear (Insert club name here) Club Secretary

We would like you to host our Desmo Due series for us in 2010
What we will do for you is bring 60 bikes to each and every race day if your lucky and if its a two day meeting you had better be extra lucky

What we want from your race club is
2 free practice sessions, 2 timed practice sessions and 2 races per day per class

It would be better still if you could then do away with us having to be on track on Saturday and let us have both days worth on the Sunday and can you please ensure we are finished on track no later than 5pm

Kind regards
I M Special

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it kept me ammused for a few minutes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear in Mind this coming weekends NG meeting at Brands is £120 per class, an extra class will cost £75 so in total for four races £195 a day, so over the two days you could pay £240 for 4 races or up to £390 for 8 races.
Can’t see as anybody would do just 2 races on 1 day as everybody would say its not enough track time

Looking at the Thundersport entry form for Cadwell its £240 per class and then another £140 for an extra class with no mention of an option for only racing on one day, so if you want more than 2 races each day it’ll cost you £380

So maybe it should be sent to Derby Phoenix or EMRA

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 19:04
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Looking at the Thundersport entry form for Cadwell its £240 per class and then another £140 for an extra class with no mention of an option for only racing on one day, so if you want more than 2 races each day it’ll cost you £380

Thundersport only do 2 day racing like bemsee except at oulton usually, but on day 1 we get 15 - 20 mins untimed practice and then 15 mins approx qually then 2 x 10 to 12 lap races depending on track length.
Then on day 2 you get 10 - 15 mins warm up and 2 more races the same as on day 1. Full grids in all races but well run with minimal stoppage and good call ups.
Last weekend was a one off with 2 x 25 min qually for each class on the friday.
so the 240 for cadwell works out quite well compared to other clubs for tracktime. The 140 would give you all the same again so 4 races, 1 qually and 2 warm ups which isnt too bad really is it?
but not everyone wants to or can afford to race on 2 days so thats why the race clubs compliment each other.
we are happy with what we have had last year and what is promised this year and have not heard a word agaisnt their tracktime allocation or what people have to pay. they also rotate the classes at each meeting so that each class will move along and eventually be 1st or last at some point.

seems someone phoned thundersport again last week asking them to have dd and even said they knew me and ck well but obviously not that well as something they said didnt ring true with dave stewart so he told me on thursday afternoon, and as you can see there is definately no room for a 1 day class with them this year.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 19:11
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Quote:

What we will do for you is bring 60 bikes to each and every race day if your lucky and if its a two day meeting you had better be extra lucky

2 free practice sessions, 2 timed practice sessions and 2 races per day per class

It would be better still if you could then do away with us having to be on track on Saturday and let us have both days worth on the Sunday and can you please ensure we are finished on track no later than 5pm

Kind regards
I M Special

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it kept me ammused for a few minutes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear in Mind this coming weekends NG meeting at Brands is £120 per class, an extra class will cost £75 so in total for four races £195 a day, so over the two days you could pay £240 for 4 races or up to £390 for 8 races.
Can’t see as anybody would do just 2 races on 1 day as everybody would say its not enough track time

So maybe it should be sent to Derby Phoenix or EMRA

we are special we dont just race bikes we race DUCATIS
so we should go first and have as many races as we wont
and thet should pay us for turning up
wot a crazy mixed up world we live in
Old 17-Mar-2009, 19:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Or

We could approach any club and say that we hope to have two grids but will always fill one and if there are other eligible classes there is a good chance many of us will enter and so boost numbers and subsequent entry fees.

We would like to do a good mix of circuits and will likely bring a good number of supporters that will boost the gate admission as well. We don't expect you to provide trophies as we will bring our own, so reducing your overheads

Preference is for one day races but two day is acceptable providing we are treated fairly, know in advance and get the same level of respect and treatment as other classes that pay the same entry fee. If treated well the club will also get positive feedback through forums and where possible the biking press.

It's called negotiating and open and honest respect, businesses run by it and those that have it often succeed

Bit late for that for Donington, but hopefully we can ask our RC to have this conversation going forward. Then it's just up to the riders to get entries in and prove we can deliver on our side of the deal.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 21:03
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:

Kind regards
I M Special

FPMSL

You missed the bit about how as we have to pay to race we would like money off if their tracks wear our tyres out too quickly as its supposed to be a budget series for people with trackday experience to learn in, as opposed to a MotoGP feeder.....

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 17-Mar-2009, 21:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
you also missed the bit about sponsorship for all riders...
Old 17-Mar-2009, 21:42
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
So where should I send my letter? ;-)

Hottrax.

For example, they're hosting British Supermono at Anglesey this year. They might be worth a punt if the DSC was genuine about trying another club. And I don't think DD would ever be last race on the Sunday as the Endurance 6 hour would run from midday to 6pm most likely.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 21:48
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
As Lil says, it's up to the riders to be more committed to delivering the promise.

Maybe the pay in advance option is required to gtee numbers.

Not enough riders to go to Assen, not enough for mixed grids, we need a DD union! LOL
Old 17-Mar-2009, 22:05
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Who's talking? I can hear a voice... Is that the guy who left for the other end of the world?
Old 17-Mar-2009, 22:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillc
Hottrax.

For example, they're hosting British Supermono at Anglesey this year. They might be worth a punt if the DSC was genuine about trying another club. And I don't think DD would ever be last race on the Sunday as the Endurance 6 hour would run from midday to 6pm most likely.

Phil that would mean having to fit in Free Practice, timed quallifying and two races (or possibly one long one) between 9am and midday for each class, unless we do more championship racing on a Saturday which I know some of those in the bike trade wouldn't be to happy about.

But it cetainly is an interesting option as most of the long established clubs have a pretty full race schedule and are unlikely to be able to add one extra class at most meets let alone two.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook