Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Jul-2006, 17:36
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
monkey butt (or baboons harris)

Having finished running in my 999 with a trip to Nice and back I found that the worst aspect of discomfort wasn't the bars /cramped pegs but the heat from the exhaust seepng through the seat.
My backside developed a couple of very tender spots that even a few weeks later arent happy (pressure point on seat at back of thigh into bum cheeks)
Anyways is this heat related (feels like from a seat of pants assessment fnarr)
or just the hard seat/plastic sides . And does the heat problem get less if the exhaust is CAT free (therefore less hot?)

Thoughts?
PS me and the missus had a brief spin out sat and my butt wasnt happy on return (only 80miles covered too) very much boil in the bag syndrome.

PPS its a bog stock 2006 999 biposto. (in red)
Old 25-Jul-2006, 00:57
Mille

I know what you mean, I have a gel seat which has a rip init and took to of to send it back, so I put the original back on.
I went for a ride 160 miles my usual route and my ass, you put it perfectly.
I thought it was that bad that I put the gel seat back on, I will wait winter.
I tryed to find out why it was so bad, the seat seems to have plenty of padding, quite nice I thought for a modern bike,
so I thought it might be the heat so I went for a ride and when I came to a stop I put my finger under my bum where it gets sore but there was no heat there, not the most scientific but I don't think it's heat, well not burring hot.
I know it was the same when I bought the bike thats why I bought the seat and know it has a cat free pipe it's the same,
The pipes are just as hot or near as I can tell, might be a little bit cooler but not the amount you want.
ps dont you mean boil on the bag

Last edited by bike mad : 25-Jul-2006 at 00:59.
Old 25-Jul-2006, 13:15
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
Cheers, so the Gel seat seems to help from what you said. Anyone with a corbin saddle got a view over the burning butt issue?