Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-May-2005, 11:38
Big Twin

woo hoo ... now I have a 375cc single!

Just when I was thinking all was well in my world, I find myself riding 25 miles back last night mostly on one cylinder. Was reluctant to fire on both when I started it and a quick check of the exhaust temperatures confirmed the then front one was not firing (often). It did start to clear after a while but kept cutting out.

Now, having checked the connector on the fornt coil only a couple of weeks ago and sprayed silcone stuff in it (Wurth), and checked on the road last night to make sure the connector was pushed together - not that I can get to it easily because I have a modified V piece that covers it - I am not sure what I am expecting to find. I guess removing the coil and cleaning refittingwould be a first move. Are these blighters expensive (and usulaly in stock)?

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by HW]
Old 06-May-2005, 11:41
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
If your bikes under warranty they'll be replaced FOC Henry.

Have you had them swapped already? or is this the first time? reason I ask is there is a new version of coil now which should fix the problem, so far so good on mine anyways.
Old 06-May-2005, 11:46
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
what bike is that a 649

Hope that it is sorted quickly
Old 06-May-2005, 11:47
Big Twin

This is the first time. Does this sound like the symptoms everyone else is experiencing?

I am just going to go and see if there is anything obviously amiss, and if not then I will get on the blower to Italia.

I asked before if the pic I posted was of the coil (to confirm what everyone was on about) and it was you who said it was. But ... how do I tell a new type from an old type and if it's the connector doesn't that mean a wiring change too? My bike was registered Oct 2003 (18 months old), so does that mean it definately has the old type?

Oh .. I meant to add ... at least the 20A fuse didn't blow last night. One problem at a time, form an orderly queue please!

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by HW]
Old 06-May-2005, 11:50
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by electricsheep
what bike is that a 649

Hope that it is sorted quickly

Ok .. did I mention that maths was not my strong point?

Make that a 375 then.
Old 06-May-2005, 11:50
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Well mine's an 04 and that had the old type, so I say you have them too, to be honest I haven't really looked at the difference, the only thing I have noticed was the cable was different.

Like you say though you could just try reseating all of the connections, when I was at JHP on Tuesday they put some grease around the plug cap on the front pot while I was there also and sprayed it up with silicone also, I guess to be on the safe side.
Old 06-May-2005, 11:51
Mille

As I'm a very kind chap & allways wanting to help out DSC'ers. I'll take your machine off you hands in exchange for this 325 single I picked up in Goa last week.

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by 748mart]
Old 06-May-2005, 11:53
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
HW... Try Ducati leeds... £110 for the new coil if they have got one in stock.... Think i might have had the last one but give them a go 01274 591620 speak to John....

Good luck mate
Old 06-May-2005, 12:07
Big Twin

I think I'll pass on the exchange for the 325 single ... at the moment.

This is the state of my coil - is it supposed to be an insulating material under that crud or is it metal? Looks like it's jus come off the Titanic!

Very wet in there too.
Old 06-May-2005, 12:08
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by dave w
HW... Try Ducati leeds... £110 for the new coil if they have got one in stock.... Think i might have had the last one but give them a go 01274 591620 speak to John....

Good luck mate

Hopefully I would get it on warranty anyway. Bike is not that old.

Bit of a bugger ... I will contact local dealer in a moment and pray because I was going to come to Congleton on Sunday and I also have a track day at Cadwell on Monday