Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Feb-2004, 17:53
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
CCM RC30

Has anyone got a CCM R30?

I am thinking of buying one to poot around on and use to go to work when its warmer, any comments would be welcome.

My god what have i just said!!!
Old 19-Feb-2004, 11:34

Ridden one and owned a 604DS. I would recommend this over the RC30. It seemed too refined for my idea of a supermoto.

The 604 is meaner and rawer. Very flattering. Can make even the average rider feel great.
Old 19-Feb-2004, 12:55
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I agre marcus but I`m not after a raw hooligan type machine, i have the jota and 998s for that, its just for a bit of fun.
The only thing that I don`t like is the stupid size plastic tank.

I had a good look at all the CCM`s at the Ally Pally show and was quite impressed with the build quality.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Regards
Bob
Old 20-Feb-2004, 11:49
Bevel Head

Mood: Ready to take on the world !!
Just sold an R30, wasnt riding it enough. What I will say, is thats is bloody fantastic fun to ride, full throttle everywhere, and make sure that you change down a couple of gears to lock the rear as your turning, stupid lean angles, dead easy to clean, and ride. Downsides are a crap tank range, about 80 miles withn the standard tank, and a stupid uncomfortable seat - although this aint a problem if you stand up. best bet is to test ride one
Old 20-Feb-2004, 13:24
Mille

Mood: Pensive
KTM Duke II

Bob

I too have a 998s road bike (and a 998s race bike!) and since buying my KTM Duke II for the winter, I can honestly say I'm fully expecting to get rid of the road 998s come the spring.

As we know, excitement of riding a motorcycle comes from how it FEELs; not just how big the numbers are on the speedo. I can honestly say that I have more fun riding my Duke II on Scottish B-Roads (EVERY weeked, come rain, snow or blow) than I do riding my 998s and keeping anywhere this side of custodial sentence.

Lean one of those things over 50deg and you get every bit as much fun as you do on a full on sportsbike with knee trailing.

I've even been off it a couple of times already, dusted myself down and fell about laughing.

I'd even worried about going out with mates on sports rockets, but the reality is that if you go for a good mix of roads, it does nothing other than add fun and excitement.

Only downside? Sweeping A-roads aren't that much fun (but then again, your license is being kept clean), but I just now go and find the B-roads I'd never have dreamed taking a Ducati down.

If you look around at present, we're in a sweet spot for bikes like the Duke II in terms of price. I bought a spotless 52 plate model with 800 miles for £3,750 in October - they're £6k new.

Do it man!