Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-Dec-2003, 16:42
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Hi Felix, good to hear your going racing next year.

If your riding BEMSEE it'll be good to see you. next year I'm concentrating on King of clubs and MRO with a few NG events to fill up the available weekends.

Shame Croft is so early, that time of the year we'll need lights up there until middayb
Old 16-Dec-2003, 17:14
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Whele, I just check Bemsee's updated fixtures list and Croft has disappeared! Disappointed, really.

Also, just found out that the European Superbike School is now offering the ACU written test in conjunction with a one day race introduction school, which they do at Snetterton for 199 quid.

Old 20-Dec-2003, 19:23
Mille

Mood: Shiney
Look forward to seeing you in the 400 class Skidlids, look out for a blue and yellow RVF.

What class you in Whele ?
Old 20-Dec-2003, 19:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Mike i'll only be on the 400 after the TT (if it survives), before that I intend mainly riding the R6 but will hopefully do the odd outing on the 916.
Felix I see Derby Pheonix provisional calender has a weekend in July at Croft along with dates at Oulton, Cadwell, Snetterton, Mallory and Donington.
Old 02-Mar-2004, 15:27
Ducati Meccanica

This is an update on this oldish thread. The three of us have just returned from this course. And, it was as bad as I thought, I am afraid to say.

I learnt absolutely nothing new. And I mean nothing. Instead got to see all the flags again up close as you do at any decent trackday briefing. Also got to listen to a bunch of anecdotes from an ex-GP 125/250 racer who presented the course.

It started off on an ominous note, when this bloke said: "I don't actually work for the ACU, so if you have grievances, please don't take it out on me".

I spoke to several people who were just irritated, having to take the day of, drive to Derby, pay 50 quid, and all so that the insurance companies are happy.

Now, I am not entirely against the idea of a novice training course, but then make it worth 50 quid! This certainly wasn't!
Old 02-Mar-2004, 16:00
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Felix, Sorry to hear the coarse didn't offer you anything, here's hoping the North Glos club do a better job at Pembrey this coming weekend, at least the participants have the oppotunity of getting some track time as well, along with getting a chance to meet the club officials and other club members, they may even get the chance to see Phil Bevan in action on his Ducati if he's riding, I also understand Steve Caffyn who owns the Ex GSE CSC Racing 996RS will be there with MRO regular Mark Baldock, but not sure if he will be on the Ducati or the New R1, maybe both as it is practice.
Old 02-Mar-2004, 16:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Is this a loophole?

I have heard/read somewhere recently that the scottish ACU don't bother with this reaction to the where there blame there's a claim society.

If a Scottish ACU licence works throughout the UK why bother with this course?

Note sure if its true but it might be worth looking into?

Ray
Old 02-Mar-2004, 17:17
Ducati Meccanica

I agree, Kev, a combination of on-track/classroom session would be much more useful. The European Superbike school did this in mid February for Bemsee. Clearly, us novices would benefit from that.

The current format is bl@@dy useless!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit