Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 20-Mar-2004, 02:05
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Croft bike meeting this weekend - no excuses please....

Not sure of prices but below is a schedule for the racing.

Went over for the ACU practice day today. A few Dukes there including two guys racing nice 996's from Edinburgh and a menacing bike bike with a very funny "Monster GOB" written on the side of it.

Some pretty miffed guy though as it was so windy it looked like the morning rides had been cancelled - £70 is a lot of dosh for an afternoon and 3 rides max !!!

Saturday 20th March 2004 Round 1 of NEMCRC Championships

Event No
1. Two 10 lap races for solo 125Gp and F125

2. Two 10 lap races for solo formula 400
3. Two 10 lap races for Post Classics Forgotten Era
4. Two 7 lap races for classic machines 250 to 1000cc
5. Two 10 lap races for solo formula 600
6. Two 10-lap races for solo 250cc to 1300 Open including Sound of Thunder (Four Stroke singles Twins and Triples) and Sports Production.
7. Two 10 lap races for sidecars Formula 1 and Formula 2 and F350
8. One 10 lap race for Super Formula 2 and Intermediate F2 Sidecar Championships
9. Solo Open Handicap Race

Sunday 21st March 2004 Round 2 NEMCRC Championships

Event No
1. Two 10 lap races for solo 125GP and F125
2. Two 10-lap races for solo formula 400
3. Two 10 lap races for Post Classics Forgotten Era
4. Two 7 lap races for classic machines 250 to 1000cc
5. Two 10 lap races for solo formula 600
6. Two 10-lap races for solo 250cc to 1300 Open including Sound of Thunder (Four Stroke singles Twins and Triples) and Sports Production.
7. One 10-lap race for sidecars Formula 1 and Formula 2 and F350
8. One 10-lap race for Super Formula 2 and Intermediate F2 Sidecar Championships.
9. Laird of Croft Trophy Race Open Solo Race 10 Laps

Happy Viewing - Frank
Old 20-Mar-2004, 09:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Going up there in about 2 hours, aim to be there for 11:00 ish. If I would have gotten my shite together earlier I'd have a place on the grid now and would be racing this weekend. As it is, I will be spectating for two friends who are racing their GSXR750s.

If you're up there, Iconic, look for two GSR750s, one in all black with a black/yellow tank, and the other in blue and white. They are both in the 1300 open class. Race numbers 112 and 120, I think.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Felix]
Old 20-Mar-2004, 12:22
WSB Hero

Sadly its been raining all morning here and still is.

Trying to arrange a pass out for Sunday - but Mothering Sunday is a erm.....sticky wicket !!!

(what is the biking metaphore for this I wonder???? Oily back tyre !!!!!!!!)

Good luck guys

Frank
Old 20-Mar-2004, 17:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Was also up there today... Windy or what!!!!!

All racing called off at about 14:30 after nearly 3 hours of deliberations. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Our very own "998Addict" is also there in the Sound of Thunder race (bike number 170 - on an RSV admittedly). Hope to catch up with him tomorrow if the racing goes ahead.

Steve Webster is also running his awesome world beating sidecar outfit. Wonder if he'll win

Guido
Old 21-Mar-2004, 20:35
Ducati Meccanica

Made it up today for the second half of the afternoon. Conditions were much better and the track was dry. Didn't see Webbo race nor did I manage to track down 998Addict. Maybe he can give us an update on his races.

My two friends I was supposed to race with had mixed results. After yesterday's cancellation, they were on for two races today. One crashed on the first race due to red mist. The other made it safely through the first and then crashed on the warm-up lap of the second race due to cold tyres. He got a right bollocking from the race officials. No one hurt, mainly fairings, etc. to be replaced. And a bit of pride...

So how, I wasn't that upset that I missed the entry deadline.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Felix]
Old 22-Mar-2004, 01:24
Mille

Mood: Pensive
Hi guys

Thanks for looking out for us, even if we didn't meet up.

Frank - I just read this post and realised it was you who was around yesterday and today! I didn't recognise you with the sunglasses on.

Guido - sorry you didn't make it this afternoon, but get it straight - it's a 998S - NOT an RSV ;-)

Friday practice went OK, doing consistent 1:38's which wasn't bad for my first time out this year (last year's PB was 1:37)

Saturday practice was dogged by really nasty weather, but managed to qualify fifth in heavy wind / rain with a 2:02.

Saturday races were cancelled due to 80mph gusts and the occasional cloudburst.

Sunday races were pretty awful. For the first race, moved to Dunlop Intermediates and they made the bike SO unstable through the Esses and Barcroft I was having to back-off (can usually take this entire section on full gas) - best lap was an embarrassing 1:41.

Due to the various cloudbursts over the weekend, opted to go for wet front and intermediate rear for second race. Turned out to be a lousy decision - track stayed completely dry and by lap 2 I'd cooked the front wet to the point where I was losing it and had to retire.

Steve Colquhoun (Weagi) lost his cherry by finishing his first two races ever, and keeping it sunny side up.

If any of you guys know Paul Noble (Black RSV in Chesterfield colours, with Blue leathers - does a lot of track days there) he pulled off an awesome achievement - 5th place in his first EVER race. If you see him, pat him on the back - he's a star.

Ho hum!

Leslie

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by 998Addict]

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by 998Addict]
Old 22-Mar-2004, 08:20
Ducati Meccanica

Leslie, were you setup right next to the fence at the end of pitlane, with a caravan and a awning? I think I saw you retire in that race. I stuck my head around the corner if that was you, but you seemed lost in thoughts, holding head with hands and all, so didn't bother.

So you at the June races with NEMCRC?
Old 22-Mar-2004, 09:52
WSB Hero

Hi Leslie,

Yes that was me and I'm sorry I didnt recognise you either - you really should have some DSC stickers for your bike !

Well done on the SUnday anyway, after paying my entrance I thought the racing would start much sooner after the previous days problems - apparently, racing isnt allowed to start until 12 at the earliest on a SUnday - bleedin locals!

Saw you guys in the practice anyway - looked great to me. Sadly my little un got too cold so I never got to see a single race....Ho Hum

Cheers - Frank
Old 22-Mar-2004, 10:56
Mille

Mood: Pensive
Felix

Yep, I was pretty sick screwing up a tyre choice after such a stop-start weekend, but you should have said hello all the same.

Hope we can catch up next time - I'm planning to do the rest of the NEMCRC dates this year.
Old 22-Mar-2004, 12:07
Ducati Meccanica

See you in June, then!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit