Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Oct-2005, 18:32
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
so the season is over.

somewhat earlier than i anticipated as i didnt race a cadwell. gutted, really wanted to be there for the racing and the whole end of season bit. but due to various reason it was not to be.

what did i achieve?

wanted to get through the season with myself and the bike in one piece - done it.

wanted to improve as the season went on - i recon i did. qualified 10th in my last meeting and came 13 th and 16th.

as opposed to 21st and 19th and 18th finishes in my first race.

wanted to learn more about racing and skills required to do well - definitely. picked up some things that i would not have known about at the start of the season. and that will make a big difference to my racing next year.

wanted to grow in confidence and feel i belong in a race- definitely.

overall i havnt set the world alight but i know i have improved and feel really confident i can continue to improve next year. its been a great experience with great people out there both racing and giving tremendous support throughout the year.

im really looking forward to next season and work starts now to get the bike and myself prepared for next year. its a great feeling already having a reasonable base from which to start, meaning im already at least 5 months ahead of where i was this time last year.

thanks to everyone who made it such a great series especially to chris, monty, and michael who put in so much hard work to get it off the ground.

one last thing........................anyone out there, especially novices; still wondering if they fancy giving it a go or not. JUST DO IT. you really will love it. its an experience like nothing else.

if anyone wants any thoughts or advice about getting started feel free to u2u me and i'll help where i can.
Old 11-Oct-2005, 20:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well done Dickie - it's been a pleasure