Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:00
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by domski
My starts were perfect... it's just that the lights went out after I started

Have you been a naughty boy again Dom

Andy #99

Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:00
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yes Glyn I know I am top 583 and as you say that is hopefully not going to change although my championship position probably will, even without Dom there its likely that a couple of the 620s are going to out score me on the faster track unless it rains (PLEASE), especially as my lead over one of them would be slightly higher if 10 second jump start penalties had been awarded in race 1. Still nothing I can do about that now as New Era issued the results of the race. So I will just have to try harder at Cadwell.

But there are a lot of riders that have been battling all season and are only seperated by 1 or 2 points which could easily be affected by a new entrant, more so if they are a fast rider.
eg if Andy Roberts was to beat Tim Howard in race 1 at Cadwell with Andy finishing 6th and Tim 7th, then the 2 points difference would put Andy equal with Tim going into the last race, however if another rider only entered at Cadwell finishes a head of them pushing them down to 7th and 8th then Andy would remain behind Tim in the championship. It also works the other way as rather than Tim loosing the lead over Andy he could be increasing it by 2 pointsif positions were reversed or by only 1 point if they were both pushed back a position.
Riders at the opposite end of the table could also suffer.
Say Psychlist finished 24th, new entrant 25th and Senna3 26th in race 1 then Senna 3 would be over taken in the championship by Psyclist where as if the new entrant didn't score they would again enter the last race on equal points.
The whole point of the Scoring system running from 1st to 25th and from 35 points down to 1 was to award consistancy, so that riders at the tail end got something for their effots and would have a final championship standing at the end of the season, hence that championship position and who they finish ahead of being important to them.

Kev
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:07
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
not being funny but are lots of people that bothered about a place or two in the overall standings?
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:15
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
if its any help to know chaps:

Andy is on hols for Cadwell, so the bikes are going as follows:

The tango queen WILL be ridden by an exisiting racer in the series, under their OWN number

Doug will be riding the Snotmobile again, tho he didnt get any points at Brands - and his start wasnt too hot either, as he is the first to admit

HTIOH?

C
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:18
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
With some people having initial goals of finishing inside the top 10 etc then Yes they probably are bothered by there overall standing, others by who they finish ahead of and as for me I just want to be ahead of as many 620/674s as possible, which on a 583 isn't that easy.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Just thought I would have a bit of a winge

You were not far wrong, Kev.

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by Felix]
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:31
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
With some people having initial goals of finishing inside the top 10 etc then Yes they probably are bothered by there overall standing, others by who they finish ahead of and as for me I just want to be ahead of as many 620/674s as possible, which on a 583 isn't that easy.

yeah i see what you mean. just had a look at the table. fairy nuff i recon. i'm looking to move up 5 places at cadwell. bring it on.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:38
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
not being funny but are lots of people that bothered about a place or two in the overall standings?

Absolutely I am - and I'm sure most others are too!!!

Skids - you make a fair point about the guest riders (or not).

I'd propose (or similar) a solution that said "points could only be scored at Cadwell by entrants who have already competed in 2 races, otherwise they assume guest status"

Tim
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:43
BSB Star

i'll second that proposal
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Here Here..that gets my support Tim............

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by fil2]