Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Jul-2006, 17:19
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
im very interested in the CSS days....have even read a few things written by Keith Code ..!?!?.....its just at 300 a day, with racing its just not in the realms of possibilty...which is a conundrum..i would only do it to go faster on track but can only afford it if i stop racing..if i stop racing how fast i go becomes irrelevant.....hmmmm..i dunno......

Phil

Simply win the lottery - HTH
Old 25-Jul-2006, 12:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
The judgement here is are you gonna get any value out of a CSS day?

Some might wanna chuck £300 at making the bike go faster and see that as good value, others might see that £300 spent on making the rider go better is good value.

As Fil says theres no point in trying to gyp up the rider for racing if the cost of the course means no racing!

Finding a sponsor is another thing completely, it can take up as much time as the racing side of things. My experience of that side of things might not be that recent but the basics haven't changed IMHO. The phrase "don't ask yourself what can a potential sponsor do for me, ask what can I do for a potential sponsor" springs to mind.

Ray.
Old 03-Aug-2006, 20:24

Mood: Grumpy
Just a quick point on CSS Ebike offer discount for riders who have attended and insurance for riders attending the training aswell at approximately £50-00 for the day fully comp which aint bad value. Having done levels 1 & 2 at Rockingham and 3 at Cadwell I found it well worth it but the benefit took about three months to become apparent when the quick turn stopped me having a very nasty conversation with a tree.

Well worth the money

Ian
Old 03-Aug-2006, 21:36
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Iv been thinking about this for a very long time and if I was looking at ways to make my bike go faster I could easy spend £300 on that with tuning to find a few seconds a lap. If I went on the course and found a few seconds a lap id think it money well spent. But looking around at other things like Ron haslem race school it’s a lot cheaper and you get to use their bikes. Any way these are all points to be weighed up. And I think personally im still at the point where I need to lean the track first to go fast. On a track evening at Donny I found 10sec a lap by trying different lines and knowing what corner came up next. So for now im going to stick with that approach when I feel IV got the best out of the bike and my skill ill look again at doing something like this.

Thats not saying any thing bad about the css or any other race school by say I wont lean any thing now its just my stance.

Thank you to all the responded to my first post about the topic and whats come up now
Old 13-Aug-2006, 13:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Just got an SMS from Phill who's at Donington for the DD meeting. He qualified 8th overall and 2nd 583 which is pretty good (I've never achieved that... ) so maybe it can bring somme food for thought to that topic...