Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Apr-2006, 12:11
Montjuic

Mood: crank it and bank it
Dunlop Qualifiers

Just been down to Micheldever tyres and the guy there has persuaded me to buy some Dunlop Qualifiers as he said they are new(replacements for the 208) and better than the current crop of tyres.

Got a really good deal fitted on loose wheels £160 inc vat front and rear!!

Any one know wether these tyres are any good though as I was running diablo corsas???
Old 24-Apr-2006, 16:50
Big Twin

I have the new Dunlop 209GP,s fitted after the original Diablo Corsas wore out and when I first fitted them I thought that they were way to 'pointy' and the bike leans over much more than before while on the side stand so I was a little unsure.

I went out on my bike for the first time yesterday since fitting the tyres and I was cautious at first, maybe something in the back of my mind was telling me that they were not anywhere near as good as the Diablos so I took no chances. After gradually building up my confidence in them I am quite impressed. The levels of grip seem very good and the lean angles seems to be lower and the bike turns much quicker.

They do not seem to like any lines/ridges in the road where the diablos did not move and the ride seems firmer but I am running 32/36 so maybe this is too high for the tyres, anyone ??

I think I will still return to the Diablo Corsas as I do like Pirellis but the new Michelin Pilot Powers CT2 seem good as well, anyone tried the new ct2s compared to diablo corsas ?

[Edited on 24-4-2006 by iang]
Old 24-Apr-2006, 17:06
Montjuic

Mood: crank it and bank it
Yes I think your pressures are way too high depends which bike you have but the Qualifiers for a 749 are 30psi at the front and 31psi at the rear.

I think the more the tyre is pionty then the better as far as i'm concerned as thats how slick racing tyres are and they are simply the best for all round performance and bigger contact patch.

Has anyone tried the qualifiers yet though??
Old 24-Apr-2006, 21:41
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I would say if your using your bike on the road, the 209gp are way too soft! They are a track tyre..............you may fair better on the road with the qualifier...