Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Apr-2009, 23:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
I am so excited!!

but 160/170.... be serious.. I am a GIRL you know!
Old 02-Apr-2009, 11:06
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
So was I (a girl)

I have been dreaming about my line into the blind final corner and when to be flat on the throttle and even in my dreams I can't hold it open over the crest. As for my braking into turn one, a girly girl would brake later than me there. Desperate to go again as so many place I know I can improve.

Amazing place, you'll love it

PS - A little tip, don't tell anyone......The cafe by the pool is fine, but jump in your car and go to the cafe in the grandstand (where all the marshals and control room staff go)....shorter queue if you are there early enough in the lunch break and much nicer food freshly made...the tuna rolls are ace, (plus there is the gift shop, general store and the opticians.....yep, an optician, can't see why you need one!!!). Also nice place to end the day watching the sun go down with beers in very large fancy glasses....There were about 30 of us sitting round on the final day, I've never seen so much white lard before.

WeeJohnyB
Old 02-Apr-2009, 11:55
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Is a decent track guide anywhere. or decent lap videos? Tried a search on Youtube and not much to be found.
Tim
Old 02-Apr-2009, 12:32
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
Try this

Googled it - best I could find...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...Search&meta =.....
Old 02-Apr-2009, 14:13
Big Twin

Try another search Tim, I found loads.....randy mamola, witham and others. there are now a few up on superbike forum as there ware a big squad of them there with us.

I'll write a lap up.

WeeJohnyB
Old 02-Apr-2009, 16:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Sent you a U2U Chris - I'd go for the R6 mate unless you are in the novice group. If FE are running open pit lane, you'll be totally blitzed and I'd personlly say extremely dangerous on the straight.

Tim, this place reminds me of Jerez for the lap times, so the magic 2min lap is the target, although harder to do here. The start finish straight is a big key to a fast lap as you enter feathering then full on the throttle so it depends on how brave you are, then the braking for the end is crucial, but as the first bit is downhill at 160/170, you have to be brave to keep off the brakes until a more normal braking position, although there are lots of braking markers into the faster than it looks first corner.

WeeJohnyB

Thanks to WJB I got my times down to 2:18 on my 749.

Monsta Tom and Final edition were doing 2:11 on their 999/998 bikes.

On the curve that leads to the main straight on his DD bike, Mike Winters would creep up on me then once on the straight I would be gone. Similarly the litre bikes would do the same to me.

On the plane back Tom and I were watching the video that I took and he and Andy were taking 3 to 4 seconds out of me on the straight just on power, which was more than I thought.

Entry speed onto the straight was about 110-115mph, so the more ponies you got there the better.
Old 27-Apr-2009, 22:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
WJB,

Did you swap from Pirelli to Dunlops while you were there. Thinking about moving from Pirelli after years of using various incarnations to dunlop 209s.

Any fedback if you did swap,

TIA

Ray.
Old 27-Apr-2009, 23:18
Big Twin

No Ray, I got some part-worns to test so won't be on the Dunlops for a bit yet. I have used a few different tyres but always go back to supercorsa Pro's. I find they wear well on track and are very predictable and extremely grippy. I used to have corsa's on my 748 on the road and found they went square very quickly and were illegal after about 2-3000 miles as I recall. Quite the reverse of the supercorsa's on the track which wear at the edges and remain legal for the road when I chuck them.

I'll update when I change

WeeJohnyB