Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Feb-2006, 12:15
Montjuic

Hi Henners

Just one question who is Wilf?

Regards
Old 23-Feb-2006, 13:46
Big Twin

Wilfs one of the chaps at Motorapido...knows his stuff about most things...and what he don't know, Steve( other chappie there) does.

I completely agree with you DaveO, this cutting out problem used to plague the 748R range. It was always stated that due to it being a 'fickle beast' and a 'true race rep' that it will always have problems trickling along through traffic etc...but when the bike cuts out when approaching roundabouts/pulling away from junctions etc...thats just wrong and dangerous.

I never bought this 'put up with it' theory...I mean the bike should be fit for purpose, and if it keeps cutting out in dangerous places....THEN ITS NOT!

I now run one of the first 916SP's to come out, high comp, big valves, big exhaust, twin injectors, light flywheel blah blah blah...now if any bike is going to be fickle it should be mine, yet set-up properly, it runs as sweet as a nut around town etc...its a pussy cat...yet open her up and all hell breaks loose.

This is certainly something that I would push to the max with DUK if it were my bike...whats it going to take, someone getting rammed up the arse becasue their bike stalls approaching the lights, or hit from the side when their bike stalls on approaching a roundabout and they end up running on???

If DUK read this board...a response would be nice?

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by Harv748]
Old 23-Feb-2006, 15:01
Montjuic

Hi HArv

I know where your coming from I also had one of the very first 748SP's back in 1995 (cost 11500GBP then), that bike also stalled but was fixed underwarrantly. This is my 4th Ducati and I for one feel let down, I too have had the its a race bike with lightened flywheel bull. Firstly its gotta be road worthy and safe to ride. I have contacted a legal adviser and will ask her to pursue this until it is resolved.

Regards

DaveO
Old 25-Feb-2006, 18:40
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Lol, I just come from Hungerford, where I was waiting to cross the road by a roundabout. Along came a Mille 1000 and a 749. Both stoped at the rounabout then off went the Mille followed by the CHUG, DOH stalled/ cut out 749, and it was not because he let the clutch out to much or anything I dont think. He was'nt to happy shaking his head halfway out in the road. Needs sorting.

Craig
Old 26-Feb-2006, 23:48
Mille

have run the bike for a month on super unleaded (not bothered which make) the bike has ticked over well, not missed a beat, have done quite a few miles as well. hope it will be ok thro the summer, I hope so cause i'm looking forward to it

Mark
Old 27-Feb-2006, 10:40
Montjuic

Mark

Glad to here its running well, still having problems with mine unfortunatly. I have recently received three options from DUK one of which I will pursue.

Regards

DaveO
Old 27-Feb-2006, 13:47
Montjuic

Hear
Old 27-Feb-2006, 15:31
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Nice one Dave - care to elaborate???
Old 28-Feb-2006, 05:02
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
ive had this problem in the past also, still does it once in a blue moon. Putting Termi's on seemed to solve it.

/ian