Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 06-Apr-2005, 22:31
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Quote:
Originally posted by The996Master
We are lucky in the fact that Big twins "thump" rather then "scream" (like the IL4s) and it`s not as offensive to the ear.

Just look at the Harley boys, some of the screaming eagle pipes are seriously loud and no one bats an eye lid.

You're joking right?

What with the dry clutch trying to smash itself loudly to pieces on the one hand and the cans blatting away on the other, my bike was painful to stand next to.
You certainly couldn't speak to anyone next to it.
Things are somewhat improved with the STM clutch kit, but if I had open cans still I would get complaints for sure, plus I would have to ride much slower since everyone can hear you coming for miles (evidenced by the fact that you can hear it all the way round a racetrack).
Il4's are way quieter at tickover than Ducati's are, even if they have race cans/systems, they only 'scream' at high revs, and that's not what the MOT tester is listening to.
I agree that a lot of people like the sound of Ducati's, myself included, but I think it's pretty inconsiderate to inflict it on everyone just because we like it.

walenut, sorry I hadn't replied, but mr s has covered it. I got the same ones as him and they fitted my 50mm cans. They were also delivered within two days, something most UK e bayers can't seem to manage!

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by desmojen]
Old 06-Apr-2005, 23:32
Mille

Mood: Erratic
Cheers mate I'll drop them a line.
Old 08-Apr-2005, 18:31
Mille

Mood: Just the one bike for me now
OK, I got my 748s from a local dealer (CCM) and it came with 50mm termi's fitted with no visible markings. It also came with a new MOT - so they passed.

I have kept the website photo which first intrested me in the bike so when I go back for MOT this year they can't say I fitted the Termi's after buying the bike and try to fail it.

"so your telling me you sold me a bike with illegal exhausts and a dodgy MOT". take a look at the picture pal....or something like that !

Hope it works...

Delooney.