Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 04-Aug-2005, 19:21
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by swannymere
Most posts tend to ask for help with problems encountered.If you start a thread with the title 'I love my Ducati because...' it will probably be the biggest thread ever!

Exactly, I love my ST4S as well, 25,000 miles on it now, just done a tour of Norway and Sweden this year + trackdays at Brands GP and of course TA4 at Cadwell.

John
Old 04-Aug-2005, 19:31
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I love my Duke. Still get a thrill riding it allmost seven years after my wife buying it for me as a christmas prezzie :-)
Old 04-Aug-2005, 19:35
Big Twin

I love mine done 1800 miles in 8 weeks and ive still managed to keep it in one peice.
Old 04-Aug-2005, 20:04
Mille

Mood: Either bemused or indifferent
Yeh I have

There propper loud and go round corners like their on rails

(down side is they cost more to keep than Kate Moss)
Old 04-Aug-2005, 20:14
Big Twin

Only problem with mine is I don't get to ride it enough. Although I still get a buzz seeing it in the garage on the paddock stands.

If I had the cash I'd have another, so I can have 2. I'd really like an early 916 SP/S
Old 04-Aug-2005, 20:41
Big Twin

Mood: r
on the mend & aiming to ride to donny next sat for the dd. carnt wait as it WILL be my first ride after breaking wrist june 11. so get one

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by pedro]
Old 04-Aug-2005, 21:17
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
You'll find many people who are quietly passionate about these bikes,whatever model they own.I've got four of the things at the minute (though one is going soon),I love them.Sure they have the odd glitch like any machine but the upside more than balances out any downside.
There are way more satisfied owners who dont appear here or sit quietly and watch the site without saying too much.
They are superb bikes first and foremost,handle better than any other roadbike-period!,they have style and character,more than the current crop of japanese wannabe's,do you need the fastest bike in the world?...in this country?,thought not.
I've had years of positive ownership,I wouldnt be swayed by anyone who's venting their frustration with something on these message boards.
Old 04-Aug-2005, 21:32
Ducati Meccanica

well to be honest, if I look back at all my dukes until present, I've had a relativley good time with only a few issues, no worse than any other performance bike ownership.
But you only need a couple of big problems, and you soon forget about all the good times previous.
You have to make allowances for italian engineering sometimes, but somehow it allways seem to be worth it.
cheers
robin
Old 04-Aug-2005, 21:45
500SD

Mood: Yellow!!
I guess I am easily influenced by what I read, not in magazines because they're more than often very biased reviews but owners reviews are very important to me to give me an idea of what to expect from a machine.

I am an overly cautious person which some would then say why get a Duke, well the reason is because first and formost I've wanted one since the 916 first appeared and 10+ years on I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. I chose the 748 mainly down to financial reasons and being the right one at the right time in my opinion.

So far I love it and I'm sure that will always be the case but sometimes reading this board unnerves me, yes it could happen to any bike but unfortunately Dukes reputations goes ahead of them.

My intention is to never sell it, I am totally captivated by the magic of the Ducati, I would like to be in a position that when I want another bike (being a 999) then I'd like to be able to buy it and keep the 748.

Thanks guys for cheering me up top forum and definately gonna sign up on pay day.

I may even chat about setting up a region to cover the Isle of Man, then we could have a TT or MGP meet depending on who comes over for them.
Old 04-Aug-2005, 22:01
Mille

Mood: Will my DD fit in a Fiat Scudo?
Folks.

Brought my first Duke about 3 months ago. (600ss) A friend was always saying I should get one so I did. I love it to bits they are all everyone says and more.

A