Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 04-Nov-2005, 18:14
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by desmojen
Having said that, all disgruntlement on the loss of cash is more than made up for by the new bike. It is so much better than the old one.
I did get 5 years of good use from the other bike and am able to really appreciate the improvements that have been made. I think if you bought a new bike every year the change would be less obvious and you'd still lose a shed full of cash!
Best case scenario has to be, work for Orange and get one free each year!

one?? problem is they are never mine just test beds for parts
Old 04-Nov-2005, 18:19
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
My other disgruntlment (fantastic word!!) is my Pace forks. They are five years old but they havent been used that much and they have been greased everytime. I've got some serious slop in the bushes now. Pace want almost £100 to service them including new bushes. I'm relucatant to pay that if they are not going last very long the next time!

you won't find many bushes that don't get play after a while, Fox, RS, Manitou or marzocchi, first time i tried to explain the brown peat stains on my forks the US guys didnt know what i meant, then they realised the stuff we ride in eats into the metal. Had a Californian friend who i go riding with, she's been into mountain bikes for 15 years and we were out in Phoenix at start of year when she says " did you know SPD pedals dont work in mud??" she was serious, she'd only found this out because CA had a bad winter and she'd had to go out riding when the trails were wet. She works for a fork maker!!