Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Sep-2006, 17:15
Big Twin

Mood: Bike or Yacht..... tough choice on sunny day ;-)
Question Termi CPU , worth fitting ???

Ive just fitted an asymetric termi system to my 04 modell 999s, complete with air filters and Power Commander III.

My question is, should i fit the supplied 'racing' cpu ???

and if so how difficult is it to fit, ie do i just plug it in or is there some setup to do. The supplied instructions only mention setting the display up to be in miles and say '999s'.

I heard somewhere that the CPU needs to be initialised or whatever, so could someone who knows tell me the score here ??

Also, where is a good place in the Surey/Hampshire corner of the world to get the PCIII set up properly, am currently using a downloaded map....

Steve
Old 17-Sep-2006, 18:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
its a little trek but Dynotech in Tadley, near basingstoke, did my map, and a fine job they did too
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:01
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
i had mine fitted by JHP of coventry and they did the co2
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:30

To reiterate, if I may?

I’m rather keen to hear the answer to ‘Slowlearners’ question 'Should I fit the supplied 'racing' CPU?’ Doesn’t the kit come with a racing ‘chip’ or are we talking about the same thing? The reason for my interjection is that I notice a flat spot on my 999, (fitted with temi's) which occurs around 4500 rpm. I have arranged for the bike to have it’s mapping (or key as the dealer referred to it) fine tuned. My question is, can you re-map the racing chip or would I need to fit a PCIII? For those technological Wizards, do excuse my ignorance.

Last edited by Vince Jones : 18-Sep-2006 at 11:17.
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
concensus is a PC111 with a custom map does a better job than the termi ecu, so I just stuck with the stock ecu/PC111/custom map route
Old 18-Sep-2006, 08:43
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc daz
i had mine fitted by JHP of coventry and they did the co2

Why do you need the CO changing. I thought that's what the PC111 did anyway?
G
Old 18-Sep-2006, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLearner
My question is, should i fit the supplied 'racing' cpu ???

Steve, for what it's worth. I made some enquiries and the advice given is very much in line with what '749er' wrote. Although the supplied termi race ECU can be 'trimmed' to take out flat spots, etc the PCIII, with custom mapping, is by far the better option.

Last edited by Vince Jones : 18-Sep-2006 at 11:30.
Old 18-Sep-2006, 14:15
Big Twin

Mood: Bike or Yacht..... tough choice on sunny day ;-)
Question another thought ....

...... am sure i read somewhere that the Termi cpu raises the rev limit, does it ???

Am very pleased with the new exhaust, and the PCIII fitted like a dream with the JHP carbon bracket, and it even runs well.... :-)

Still going to have the custom PCIII setup, how much should this cost me as i have never had this sort of thing done before :-O

Ta

Still slow, still learning :-)
Old 18-Sep-2006, 17:39
Mille

right lets start with why you shold fit the race ecu, the red line is raised and I have been told by Ducati that the timing is changed and the mixture.
You will have to take the bike and the ecu to be fitted because the ecu has to be set, ie throttle sensor has to be syncronised with the new ecu and the C'O value has to be set, there might be more but it was enough to stop this mechanic in his tracks, I dont have a mathiss(ie the computer that only Ducati dealerships have) and at thousands of pounds I wont be buying one any time soon,
shame as I like to do all the work myself,
as for the PC111 you will need one if you want the bike set up as well as it can be done, as the race ecu is set on the cautious side of rich, it's not even close but your bike wont burn a valve or piston. and that's why they do it.
So put the race ecu on and get a custom map for your PC111 and the best is as you know is an advanced map, please let me know how much you pay,
I hope this helps you