Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Sep-2005, 20:37
Big Twin

KP, I have seen the other post and left a message there.
As soon as I get the price from Spareshack I will let you know, he quoted about 2 weeks for delivery.

BDG, You are correct about the price of the Blade, I thought that with it being current ltd edition that £8,000 seemed fair but when I have asked around the dealers want 05 model Blades for around £6,500 to retail at under £8,000 Repsol or not and a couple also said that race replicas are usually poor sellers once the colours change although with the Blade being official it might not be so bad. Apparently the guy had been offered £8,000 against a brand new 999S so I suppose if he is buying a £14,000 bike then £8,000 is not a lot really ?

So maybe if he had offered £4,000 + the Blade I might have been tempted but as my Ducati dealer said if I got the Blade to get out of the Ducati then wanted to sell the Blade straight away what the hell would I buy !!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 7-9-2005 by iang]
Old 07-Sep-2005, 22:46

iang. If you think a Blade is the anser to your problems forget it.

The build is iffy to say the least and the dealers are totally unable to solve even the simplest problem. I've been in your position and made the move to a Blade. DON'T DO IT!!!!! Keep the 749R (unless you want to swap??)

Old 08-Sep-2005, 10:52
Big Twin

Macclad,
So did you go from a Ducati to a Blade and what were your views on changing to an IL4.
I presume by your remarks that you are not happy with the Blade but still have it ?
Old 09-Sep-2005, 02:07

Iang, I've had a couple of Ducatis, the first a 916 had for three years and 18000 trouble free miles, that went for a 996R which I loved, but bled me dry, so off she went. So yep, now I;ve got a blue RR5. Can't say I'm really unhappy with it cos it is a great bike, just had a spot of dealer trouble yesterday that left me a litttle grumpy!

To be honest the Fireblade feels a little like a 916/996 to ride, slow to turn but incredibly stable, Its got all the power and torque you could need, great brakes and looks good (although not in the Ducati sense!).Its also very cheap to service which means more cash for trackdays/tyres etc.

After a stealth K5 now.
Old 09-Sep-2005, 14:25
Big Twin

Macclad,
The black K5 is like rocky horse turd to find and there are apparently no K5s left in dealers, my two local dealers are waiting for the K6 to arrive october/november but the colours are not great compared to the black.
My local dealer has a black/yellow one for sale £8k but personally I think it looks crap in that colour, needs painting all black and a Racefit exhaust fitted. They sound like a GP bike, I have never head anything like it !!

[Edited on 9-9-2005 by iang]
Old 09-Sep-2005, 15:13
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Iang
Sorry to hear your news.

I too have had health problems but in a twisted way it has done me the world of good. I now appreciate my family and life in general much more than I ever did before. Even now, if I feel a bit down, I go into a churchyard and say to myself '' well at least I'm up here and not down there!'' Works every time!

For what it's worth my advice would be to never try a deal similar to the one you were offered. I did this a few times in the past and ended up with either a another bike which I could not sell, or just plain worse off than if I had simply sold the original bike for the best price I could get at the time.

Would a monster be the answer, or something with a fairing to keep the windblast off? I had a wing for a while and found that I could ride for far longer than with an unfaired bike. ( Not sure if I should have admitted to that one on this board )
Old 09-Sep-2005, 16:02
Montjuic

Mood: On the edge
Good luck for the future mate, as I know how serious illness can change your outlook on life.

But like a few people have already said, having something to keep you focused, (ie a fab Ducati), really helps.

For what it's worth, i would say youv'e made the right choice in keeping it!!!

Good luck mate!!