Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jul-2003, 10:55
Mille

I work with cars and in my experience that when injection/ignition systems fail it is very rare for the ecu itself to be at fault. The chips can shake loose on ducatis but again it is rare, the most common fault is with sensors followed by bad earth connections. I have had 2 ducati non starts on my bikes both times the alarm wiring was at fault (poor solder joint) causing voltage drop when cranking. the problem with this is that when you test without cranking the engine all the results are ok. If the bike is fitted with a alarm trace the connections back into the harness and bypass the alarm and recheck for a spark.

the few times we have replaced ecus for no spark/injection signal they have been damaged by reversed battery connections or incorrect jump starting!

hope this helps

dave
Old 03-Jul-2003, 22:23
Mille

problem is a cracked sheath on one of the engine sensor wires causing a break in circuit.

Mine is an SP which has two sensors- it's the one which determines the location of the current distribution. Just a change of wire involved.

Hope this helps,

Andy
Old 05-Jul-2003, 00:12
Montjuic

Bikes now fixed - top Kiddies at M&S Newcastle - no bull - sorted.
Very happy with service and cost of repair