Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-May-2005, 16:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Lets not go there...all dom said was why not have a 2 series class with seperate points within the DSC and i agree its a good idea.

Nowt else

Phil
Old 09-May-2005, 16:37
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
"Il n'y a que ceux qui ne font rien qui ne se trompent pas".
Old 09-May-2005, 16:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
"Il n'y a que ceux qui ne font rien qui ne se trompent pas".

Nice quote Tonio, I like that.
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
fair do's. 2 valid points well made.

out of interest whsat are the most accurate dyno figs we have seen comparing the 2. i know, different dyno's etc etc but what are we talking about 5 bhp, 10?

re 2 points systems. i think that is a bad way to go. as i have said before you then get into a hadicap type system for all sorts of reasons.

re cost how much more is a 620 realistically compared to what they have spent? not much if getting that podium is really important.

**just read above replies.**
if the info supplied pre season was inaccurate that is a shame for those concerned

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by dickieducati]

3 big bored 600ss have been dyno'd at 3 seperate locations each giving a reading within 1/2 bhp of each other.

A 620ie is ball park 3k plus all the extra's what do you think dickie 4.5k approx.? if so thats easily 2k over and above what i have spent...if i had known the 600ss big bored was so down on power i would have waited and looked for a 620ie.

Phil
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Even so maybe the two classes should be 620/674 and the other 583 that would alter the table a bit, mind you I would still have Zero points.
You can't tell me fitting a 674 Bigbore kit on a 583 doesn't make a difference, I've ridden Senna3's and it pulls like a train compared to mine.

I think we will find that at both Castle Combe and Snetterton there are 3 distinct classes, a speed gun for measuring top speeds down the straights will show things as they really are.

Edited to add Snetterton as I had put Thruxton, wishful thinking

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by skidlids]
Old 09-May-2005, 16:42
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Lets not go there...all dom said was why not have a 2 series class with seperate points within the DSC and i agree its a good idea.

Nowt else

Phil

agree,

i think its a bad idea.
Old 09-May-2005, 16:45
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I know that there aren't any 'works' teams, but I can best justify the 2-tier points system if I can use BSB as an example.

The 620's have an advantage, no one is really disputing that, so they are like the 'main' BSB teams.

Then the 583/675 massiiiive are like the BSB Cup teams.

There is still an overall championship to compete for, but at least the Cup riders get recognition for their achievements.

So a Cup rider finishes 20th overall, but he's the 1st Cup rider, so he gets no points in BSB proper, but 25 points in the Cup.

I'm not suggesting prizes or anything like that for the 583/675 riders, just some recognition that there is two clear races within the one DD race.

It won't take long for riders on a budget to look at DD and think "Well, there's no point doing it unless you have a 620"

Not everyone can afford a 620.

Not everyone is doing this just for fun, and happy to finish 10th or 20th or 30th.
Old 09-May-2005, 16:47
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Same here as Phil - although I've got a budget if I had known that the 600SS would be this much down on power I would have gone for the cheapest 620 I could find.

We've hit the wall with the valves when it comes to getting more power out of the big-bored engine and we can't change those within the rules.

The cost of Keihin FCR39s is knocking on $1000 (about £600 as Phil says) once you've got them imported and so on, plus you need the shorter manifolds as well and I haven't been able to find them here either.
Old 09-May-2005, 16:49
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : fil2
A 620ie is ball park 3k plus all the extra's what do you think dickie 4.5k approx.? if so thats easily 2k over and above what i have spent...if i had known the 600ss big bored was so down on power i would have waited and looked for a 620ie.

I disagree.
http://southwick.dyndns.org/desmodue/budget-en.html

I am under 3k even with a service of about £500 (which I wouldn't have done if I have known...).
Old 09-May-2005, 16:51
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Quote:
Message original : fil2

I disagree.
http://southwick.dyndns.org/desmodue/budget-en.html

I am under 3k even with a service of about £500 (which I wouldn't have done if I have known...).

Yeah but you went to France to buy yours