Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:02
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
im not sure weather two race or one long race is best this what i voted to do one long race at snetterton. just mean like im going to find out early what the formate like at donington.

p.s. what have the MT found out from new era iv been trying to ring them for ages and havent got through this is the 4th day now

and new era used the evelope i sent them to send me my race tickets etc to send me that letter does this mean that they will have to find there own stamp to send me my tickets now.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:04
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
From were I sit on the grid the glow is positively Caribbean. There are Two lines of pasty non tanned devils without bibs to chase though. Whenever I look behind me though there is a sea of sunbed abusers, lodes of um.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:09
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
From were I sit on the grid the glow is positively Caribbean. There are Two lines of pasty non tanned devils without bibs to chase though. Whenever I look behind me though there is a sea of sunbed abusers, lodes of um.

so the fast boys are racing in the "UK Anaemics Trophy Class" and the boys behind are in the "Oompah Loompah Challengers Trophy" ??? or is it the "DD (David Dickinson) Novice Cup" ????
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:31
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBBLE
so the fast boys are racing in the "UK Anaemics Trophy Class" and the boys behind are in the "Oompah Loompah Challengers Trophy" ??? or is it the "DD (David Dickinson) Novice Cup" ????

I'll be at Donny - I don't like being dictated to at any level and the impact on our series is a negative one. For a number of reasons, we are adverse to change, because we are now likely to have less points scoring races this season...etc, etc.

But, the new format may be a better one for us, but why not wait until next year for this?

Tim
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:35
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
hi tim have you or kev heared from the MT yet

new era real should of left this decision till the end of the year.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Woopee 12 laps in last years Donington conditions on road tyres and a combined grid. Now that sounds like fun on a 583 just queue up in the spray behind the 620s or skittle them as you try diving underneath them into the corner off the racing line.
At least all the other classes have wets if it rains

I'm still waiting to hear from MT members if its going to be one race or two and I need to know in the next couple of days

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Jul-2006, 23:28
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Kev, i can see why you're negative on this mate, i really can, being a 583 rider this helps you no way at all.

But you have to think of the bigger picture for NE as an organisation. They want to show that Superclub is indeed what it sounds like, the step up from Club. To do that they have to show a certain something over and above CLub.

Unfortunately DD have been given/chosen to race at both Club and Superclub meetings, maybe it would be an idea to run next season as Club rather than at Superclub, maybe that would help DD ?

Or the other solution could be to had the series over to NE and give them the whole say in it ? (DOes Bushell REALLY want to run this series after all his hard work is thrown in his face time and time again ?)

OR maybe after some of the posts calling Jim a fat ****er or whatever it is, you won't even have a club you can run in next season ? lets face it, if i was Jim Parker and someone made comments like that on a public/private board, would i really want them in my series...

Sometimes lads, you need to step back and see you're a part of a bigger picture, not the centre piece of it.

Think before you reply please lads, i didn't write this on a whim.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 00:00
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
OR maybe after some of the posts calling Jim a lovely fella or whatever it is, you won't even have a club you can run in next season ? lets face it, if i was Jim Parker and someone made comments like that on a public/private board, would i really want them in my series...

Sometimes lads, you need to step back and see you're a part of a bigger picture, not the centre piece of it.

Think before you reply please lads, i didn't write this on a whim.[/quote]

I thought about it, so can you take it off here as it was said elswere in the heat of the moment and should of stayed there, No need for it here mate is there. good for DD and all

Last edited by ericthered40 : 23-Jul-2006 at 00:53.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 00:04
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy2

And why would we do that? Why do you want us to see the problem from NE's point of view? Of course we're a part of a bigger picture, but that's none of our business mate...

I'm really pi$$ed off for my mates and for the series. Selling something and delivering something else is just not fair.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 00:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So the answer is as I see it

Run all Superclub classes as 1 long race (if thats what superclub entrants want) and run DD which is not a Superclub class as 2 races, they could run us as first class out after practice and then at the end of the day with every race in between being a long race for the superclub classes.

New Era could have given more warning of this if their intention is to change the format of the Superclub championship, I am now in my eighth year as a fully paid up New Era member and have not received anything through the post about the format changing other than the letter we received the other day after entries for the meeting had already been submitted and cheque cashed.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook