Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Apr-2005, 16:44
Big Twin

If its black wheels you want.
Old 14-Apr-2005, 22:56
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Pipes look good but really like those black wheels, miles better than the standard drab light grey ones.
Yeah, made a huge difference to how the bike looks, cost me about £70 for the powder coating ( i took them in bare, no tyres or disks ) to a place called Aerocoat, St Olaves near Gt Yarmouth and £20 for the red stripe around the rim by a sign writing company here in the city
Old 18-Apr-2005, 02:16
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Both the pipes and the black wheels look excellent, definitely on my "Wish List".

The pipes look very well made, welding is neat and going by the colour they appear to have a high nickel content. The routing is simplistic and will not ground on right handers. My only concern would be ground clearance when the bike is upright and or loaded with panniers, top box or a pillion. Speed humps and bad roads spring to mind.

They must boost performance and sound lovely, I'd love to see and hear them in the flesh.

Does the ECU need changing or are there any other modifications that are required when fitting the pipes ?

Apparently they out perform Termi’s, is that right ?

Thanks.
Old 21-Apr-2005, 09:52
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Italian Stallion
Both the pipes and the black wheels look excellent, definitely on my "Wish List".

The pipes look very well made, welding is neat and going by the colour they appear to have a high nickel content. The routing is simplistic and will not ground on right handers. My only concern would be ground clearance when the bike is upright and or loaded with panniers, top box or a pillion. Speed humps and bad roads spring to mind.

They must boost performance and sound lovely, I'd love to see and hear them in the flesh.

Does the ECU need changing or are there any other modifications that are required when fitting the pipes ?

Apparently they out perform Termi’s, is that right ?

Thanks.
I dont think ground clearance should be a problem unless your carrying everthing including the kitchen sink. No other mods required, one set off and one back on, i let Veloce fit mine cause im lazy but if your handy its a job you should be able to do ya self, no new ECU required ( how ever i do already have termis + new ECU , whether that makes a difference ?) .The new headers have fixing points for the gaurd if you want to put one back, i however will be grinding back the two small tacs holding them on. Performance is deffinatly enhanced across the range and yes they do sound great as for performing better than the Termi`s i dont know, if they do i wouldnt think there was much in it.
Old 21-Apr-2005, 14:49
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
need to quote Ductai Sporting Club........ We are a proper club not just a web club, - only joking Jantah

I spoke to Mike at staintune this morning, great guy very helpful. He is looking at doing some advertising with us, and we will have some web info up as we do with the Ventura importer. There is a DSC discount, we need to be a bit discrete over this as our discount is inline with what he would give a dealer, (as Roy posted above), -lets not shouting at dealers about it perhaps?

- So does anybody know how to fit a full system and can spare me some time?
Old 21-Apr-2005, 20:08
Big Twin

Quote:
Posted by Tantrum992:-

I dont think ground clearance should be a problem unless your carrying everthing including the kitchen sink.

The thing is you've got it right, I'm very fastidious and do usually take everything "just in case I need it". My other passion are Land-Rovers and when I attend shows my 110 Defender is completely full including the full length roof rack. Sometimes I do wish I could take the kitchen sink, my wife says it is a pain washing-up in a plastic bowl.

My Multi's battleship grey wheels are going
They are going to be sprayed Satin Black

I asked about powder coating and the paint sprayer doesn't recommend it.
Old 21-Apr-2005, 23:54
Ducati Meccanica

Italian gee-gee give me a shout if you want to know dealer who will give you a ride in ride out service. I went for powder coating, was given the choice of both but advised go powder as the front wheel is tricky. You need new wheel bearings as best not to re-seat the ones that come out.
Old 23-Apr-2005, 01:17
Big Twin

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your post and info.

It was a difficult decision given all of those highly recommended reputable Ducati service agents, thanks again gents for all of your help and assistance- Cheers.
I made my choice based on several recommendations and have already booked my Multi in for work, however they must be very popular as the earliest appointment is mid May
They are a very friendly and helpful bunch and I feel that I would receive a personal service that’s not offered by the big dealerships, I suppose spending almost £550 also helps improve customer relations !!!
I’m certain they are worth the wait.

Just out of curiosity, which dealership do you recommend ?

Ian, I see your point regarding the front wheel being awkward to spray paint due to all the different angles and hard to reach places and I’m aware of the benefits of powder coating I.E. That the particles/powder are attracted to an object or a wheel in this instance due to it being positively charged and the spray gun being negatively charged thus attracting the particles or powder into or onto those hard to reach areas.
Why do the wheel bearings need to be removed for spray painting.

I think this only applies to powder coating but I might be wrong, I wonder if it is due to the wheels being baked at a high temperature in an oven, possibly damaging the wheel bearings or maybe because the entire surface is powder coated and cannot be masked off like spraying?

As an aside, some fairing or body parts on the Multi are fibreglass and some plastic, has anyone noticed that the shade of red paint used is different ? Take a close look.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the ProTwins event and "Italian Day" at the Ace Café.

Ian, perhaps we'll meet sometime, maybe at [i]John Henrys.

[Edited on 22-4-2005 by Italian Stallion]
Old 14-May-2005, 11:40
Ducati Meccanica

will try to get to Findon tomorrow,

here are my black wheels and Cat removal pipe, - also removable baffles, I am happy
Old 14-May-2005, 11:43
Ducati Meccanica

another pic