Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 06-Aug-2004, 01:09
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

BSB Practise at Croft - Yukio fastest !!!

Only one winge here - I had to work in the afternoon and couldnt stay all day long

It was great fun getting over to Croft again even after only being there on Monday. The weather was kind and it was awesome being able to get an insight into the BSB garages (and motorhomes !!!).

On the track the guys (and girl) were simple fantastic, perfect lines from the pro's every time and stunning speed set them a class apart - I was busy trying to find the best time from today and could only find the webpost from Rizla below (which does not mention any actual times !!!!)

I timed Reynolds at 1' 25 and Emmett at 1' 24.5, Yukio's bike sounded awful in the morning sessions - popping and backfiring so I guess they cured that in the afternoon. I think the low 1'24's must be attainable.

Roll on race day....it'll be a cracker.

From the Rizla Suzuki website..

http://www.rizla-suzuki.co.uk

05-Aug-04 18:24pm

Yuki shows everyone else the way round Croft

RIZLA SUZUKI star Yukio Kagayama was head and shoulders ahead of the competition in today’s official British Superbike test at the new for 2004 Croft venue in North Yorkshire.

Yuki, just back from finishing runner-up in the prestigious Suzuka 8-hour endurance race, wasted no time in applying his ability to learn tracks to break the outright lap record and take the fastest time of the day according to the team’s unofficial timing.

British Superbike Championship leader John Reynolds finished one-second behind Yuki but well ahead of most of his rivals as he familiarised himself with the circuit where he has tasted victory champagne in the past.

The 10th round of the British Superbike Championship continues at Croft on Sunday August 15th, with JR hoping to extend his 73-point lead in the Championship.

Yukio Kagayama:
“Not so bad day at office. This is a fast circuit with some tight turns and this suits me. This is first time I am racing against other riders where we all learn track from new for the first time and I am happy to be fastest today. What matters is next weekend and I want to be fastest to win both races. It has been too long for me not to win races, this feeling I do not like and will make better soon.”

John Reynolds:
“I broke myself in gently and by the end of the day was pretty happy with the direction we were going in. At the start we made a few adjustments to the forks that didn’t help and ended up going in the other direction towards the end of the day. I think we will be in good shape when we start practice for the round in just over a week.”

Dave Marton, team chief technician:
“Yuki showed everyone the way round Croft today, he was just pure awesome how fast he got to grips with the circuit and his bike. JR tested a few new parts and by the end of the day he was on the pace and finished just behind Yuki but at the front of the chasing pack according to our stopwatches.

“Our Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000 is well suited to this fast, twisty and well surfaced track. Today’s test has encouraged us all, we have tested new parts and tyres and we will be working hard to try and use the data to our advantage next weekend.”

Cheers - Frank
Old 06-Aug-2004, 17:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Frank,

Would have liked to have got up to croft myself but holiday time is running short now.

Got my tickets for the race meet tho'.

Coft has a couple places where big power is everything in the dry???, out of the chicane at the far side and the hairpin onto the start finish straight.

Ray.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit