Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 20-Sep-2011, 22:38
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
Angry Equity Red Star..........********!!!!!

Equity Red Star, what a bunch of ................*****!!!!!

As some of you may aware, I've recently had a bit of an off, to cut a long story short......result, one written off 1098R Bayliss!!!

If that wasn't bad enough, the problems I've had sorting the insurance out has really added insult to injury!!

I'm insured through Ducati Insurance, with the policy being under written by Equity Red Star. To their credit, Ducati Insurance have been very helpful, I wish I could say the same about Equity!!!

The accident hapened on the 31st July & I still haven't been paid out yet, even though they were aware that the bike was a write off within a week of the accident. I've made coutless calls to their claims dept & have been passed about like a hot potato, I've sent letters, e-mails etc to try to resolve the claim & the only way I got any info from them was to enlist the help of the broker!!!

They offered me a miserable price for the bike & I've had to fight & fight to finally get something about right as a final offer, this price was agreed last Monday & still not been paid out!

And today I received their final kick in the teeth!!! They rang to say that they wouldn't cover me on another Bayliss, but they would still cover my Foggy, thanks a bunch Equity!!!

I'm 45 years old, I've been riding for 30 years, with this being my first ever claim!! I've got full protected no claims & a clean driving licence. My Foggy hasn't turned a wheel for 2 years & I've covered 2800 miles on the Bayliss in over 2 years, for this I've been paying over £1k a year for insurance, now having one claim my insurance company have dropped me like a brick!! Even though the claim is still on going, they may still be able to get all costs back from the other party.

They really have left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth!!

For those insured with Equity, I really hope you never have to make a claim, the old saying is so very true, "you never know how good your insurance is until you claim"!

Well I can tell you, Equity insurance is ****!!!!!!!
Old 20-Sep-2011, 22:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Sorry to hear that M8, i think with most insurance companys they are happy to take your payments untill the time comes for them to pay you
Old 21-Sep-2011, 09:36
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylissboy
Equity Red Star, what a bunch of ................*****!!!!!

As some of you may aware, I've recently had a bit of an off, to cut a long story short......result, one written off 1098R Bayliss!!!

If that wasn't bad enough, the problems I've had sorting the insurance out has really added insult to injury!!

I'm insured through Ducati Insurance, with the policy being under written by Equity Red Star. To their credit, Ducati Insurance have been very helpful, I wish I could say the same about Equity!!!

The accident hapened on the 31st July & I still haven't been paid out yet, even though they were aware that the bike was a write off within a week of the accident. I've made coutless calls to their claims dept & have been passed about like a hot potato, I've sent letters, e-mails etc to try to resolve the claim & the only way I got any info from them was to enlist the help of the broker!!!

They offered me a miserable price for the bike & I've had to fight & fight to finally get something about right as a final offer, this price was agreed last Monday & still not been paid out!

And today I received their final kick in the teeth!!! They rang to say that they wouldn't cover me on another Bayliss, but they would still cover my Foggy, thanks a bunch Equity!!!

I'm 45 years old, I've been riding for 30 years, with this being my first ever claim!! I've got full protected no claims & a clean driving licence. My Foggy hasn't turned a wheel for 2 years & I've covered 2800 miles on the Bayliss in over 2 years, for this I've been paying over £1k a year for insurance, now having one claim my insurance company have dropped me like a brick!! Even though the claim is still on going, they may still be able to get all costs back from the other party.

They really have left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth!!

For those insured with Equity, I really hope you never have to make a claim, the old saying is so very true, "you never know how good your insurance is until you claim"!

Well I can tell you, Equity insurance is ****!!!!!!!

I’m in the same boat as you . I'm insured through Ducati Insurance, with the policy being under- written by Equity Red Star.
I wrote off my 748R back in August….. Too cut a long story short… After being given the run around for a month..
Yesterday i found out that they had sold my bike. Without my knowledge. We had come to no agreement yet on a figure. And I had received no correspondence at all from by Equity Red Star.
Ducati insurance all credit to them were just as shocked as me. This is theft.
Police and a solicitor will be involved if it’s not sorted by the end of today.

Angry Clint.
Old 21-Sep-2011, 09:51
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Bleeding heck, it just gets worse keep us updated on the out comes guys, i am with Ducati Insurance as well with my Bayliss as it will be up for renewal in December i might have to think about looking elswhere for insurance
Old 21-Sep-2011, 19:12
500SD

Just an up date, Ducati Insurance have managed to sort the issue out, although it has cost me more money!!

Still far from impressed with Equity, although the staff at Ducati Insurance have been most helpful, Especially Rachel & Liz!!
Old 21-Sep-2011, 19:16
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint
I’m in the same boat as you . I'm insured through Ducati Insurance, with the policy being under- written by Equity Red Star.
I wrote off my 748R back in August….. Too cut a long story short… After being given the run around for a month..
Yesterday i found out that they had sold my bike. Without my knowledge. We had come to no agreement yet on a figure. And I had received no correspondence at all from by Equity Red Star.
Ducati insurance all credit to them were just as shocked as me. This is theft.
Police and a solicitor will be involved if it’s not sorted by the end of today.

Angry Clint.
I wouldn't let the salvage company collect my bike until we'd agreed a value!!!
After the accident the first thing I did was to get the bike back to my home, that didn't stop the salvage company ringing every other day to collect the bike, in the end I had to tell Equity to stop them ringing until the value had been sorted!!
Old 22-Sep-2011, 13:52
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Bugga, I've just renewd and it with ERS! Best not have an incident then

Let me know how you get on Clint. That does sound a bit off to me as I always believed the final offer may include an offer for you to buy the salvage.
Old 18-Oct-2011, 23:40
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
**** !! Well it sounds like you're ok at least, give me a call when you've got a minute matey.
Old 19-Oct-2011, 22:08
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
feel for you guys.

here is a suggestion that might possibly save you a bit of dosh.
go buy yourself a cheap old classic bike, join the vintage motorcycle club, and insure all your bikes (old and new) under their policy (through footman james).
It will potentially save you a bundle in the long run.
Old 22-Oct-2011, 18:36
Bikes: SS600 & a couple of classic japs

Mood: mines always good its the rest of 'em
Insurance companies and Banks are both just legalised robbers, where is Robin Hood when you need him?