Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 11-Nov-2009, 22:19
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Mmmm I wonder having crossed to the darkside

Iv'e just posted this on the Fireblade site but I felt that some of you may be interested in just how the other half live, after riding a Ducati for most of my time I was struck by the dark side but I wonder just if I was still riding an 04 Duc ???
After a 150 mile ride out I stopped the bike to raise the garage door,i then heared the under seat relay chattering loadly. indicating a flat battery I quickly recharge it and the bike fired up OK /// Ckecking the volts across the battery it read only 12.4 max so I though some thing was up and took the bike down to the local Honda dealer in Luton. Sure enough and as I suspected the generator was naff. My bike is an 04 with only 9000 miles on the clock,i brought it just a year ago with 3400 miles. I managed to contact Honda UK via there Specific problem number and imformed that the warrenty on the generator had been increased by five years and that it should still be in date. I have just today been informed to drop by and pick up the blade all done and dusted. Im imprest with Honda UK and how quickly this has been dealt with 10/10 I now have the latest and better designed model than of passed and I hope this gives you some degree of faith in the system . Regards 4D
Old 12-Nov-2009, 02:51
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

wish all makers/dealers could be so prompt and cooperative
Old 12-Nov-2009, 11:21
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
Iv'e just posted this on the Fireblade site but I felt that some of you may be interested in just how the other half live, after riding a Ducati for most of my time I was struck by the dark side but I wonder just if I was still riding an 04 Duc ???
After a 150 mile ride out I stopped the bike to raise the garage door,i then heared the under seat relay chattering loadly. indicating a flat battery I quickly recharge it and the bike fired up OK /// Ckecking the volts across the battery it read only 12.4 max so I though some thing was up and took the bike down to the local Honda dealer in Luton. Sure enough and as I suspected the generator was naff. My bike is an 04 with only 9000 miles on the clock,i brought it just a year ago with 3400 miles. I managed to contact Honda UK via there Specific problem number and imformed that the warrenty on the generator had been increased by five years and that it should still be in date. I have just today been informed to drop by and pick up the blade all done and dusted. Im imprest with Honda UK and how quickly this has been dealt with 10/10 I now have the latest and better designed model than of passed and I hope this gives you some degree of faith in the system . Regards 4D

Well after all it's a Honda........
Old 12-Nov-2009, 12:01
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Its good to see your being looked after fella.

I had a brand new CBR6 in 2000 and the regulator popped on that in the first year, which cooked the dash and all the lamps. The centre stand went red rusty after the first downpoor too. Not totally sure about the reliability but mine probably got sorted by the new owner as I swapped it for the 900ss which I still have....

Andy
Old 12-Nov-2009, 14:50
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
I've got an 08 Blade which has had 3 problems but all sorted very quickly and got a full Akrapovic system at cost.fitted as a sweetner.I am passionate about Ducatis and will own another but have to say that the Blade is a keeper.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit