Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Jul-2005, 15:09
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Ali saves 4D from disaster at Cadwell plus Pics

Had a cracking day at Cadwell in the fast group for the first time. Its not that Im fast, just Stupid Was nicely surprised to find a lot more room in the fast group,untill the DD boys pasted me into a few corners like a pack of terriers but all credit to them I was never hassled or cut up infact I got quite a buzz when it happened.
Getting back to the "Ali Saved me from disaster" bit ,for sure if Ali had not taken time out to sit and watch us go round in the first session in the rain he would not have heard the knocking and noise coming from my back wheel,I could not feel anything especially coming up over the mountain in the rain as all my efforts were in looking ahead and keeping the bike straight. What he heard was enought to want to get me black flagged but thankfully it was the last lap. When I got back in Ali suggested I take a look at the back end ASAP.This is when I spotted two rollers had left the chain and was in danger of jumping or splitting up. I shuddered to think had it let go around Coppice. Quick chat to our Mr Spencer who reckoned I would get one at B&C Express near Lincoln,so I trotts of in the van to get one . 1.5hrs later Im back ready for the first Afternoon session in the fast group with a dry track. Took me a few laps to get back into it again then had a great time chassing Glyn and Fil2 around until traffic broke us up . Not that Im saying I was going to stay with them ,but I was hoping to. I think it was one if not the best DSC TA Ive had, everyone was in good spirits dispit the wet stuff falling all of Sunday evening and Monday morning. Getting into the big/massive Tent was a good move I think it was Dibbs that pulled that one of and Chris B's Piella was so good I had three helpings. Another highlight for me was seeing Kelly giving Fil2's bike a hard time, even getting the wheel of up over the mountain , some thing her old man,s still working on The last time Kelly rode the bike was at Snetterton and she was not a happy bunnie
Yes folks that was one hell of a weekend, great to meet some new faces Deseered and a few of the Border'ers but its all way good to see the usual DSC retrabates that make this club what it is. Regards 4D

The "Big Top" that we commundeered for the night with Flag Flying in the wet weather

Ali, not only a star rider but also a star stirer complete with beverage.

Dibble Rooney ,Tantrum and Wheelspin

Rushjob , Sparkin, Everton having a clear out, Dibble.

4D's babysitting service's in full swing. One of Glyns little orphans

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by Fordie]

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by Fordie]
Old 26-Jul-2005, 21:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
pete mate don't know what you did but the kids are mad on you

all im hearing is when can we see pete again
can we watch pete do a track day again
not a word about dad

maybe it's showing them a bit of attention
i've never tried that