Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 22-Nov-2003, 11:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Bismillah arhman Eraheem!

...means god keep me safe on this new journey...(urdu)
Will b thinking of you whilst whilst i break bread with my old Pa!

Safe riding babe! Lisax
Old 22-Nov-2003, 22:57
wheelspin

Well here's the lowdown on the day for all those keeping up with this post.
I did the shopping trip to the local store and filled the basket with tins of corned beef, ham,salmon. tuna, beans, fruit, Frey Bentos pies, rice puddin', etc. etc. etc.
Started the bike up and then proceded to put numerous layers on with the 1 piece waterproofs on top. Hauled the rucksack on my back and mounted the 996. Upon reaching the top of my road I flipped my visor down only to break the dodgy clip to secure it (Arai). No time to change visors as I'm running late so a quick blast the 5 miles or so to the meeting point. Plenty of bikes in the car park and I pull in to a quiet corner. A quick head count is done and there's about 90+ bikes- down on last year, but the weather is awfull. I spot a 900 then I hear another Ducati arrive- it's a 996 ! Another 900 arrives so that's 4 Duc's including me. We're summoned to a quick briefing by plod who starts off by saying "Nice to see so many bikes here in this weather- there's even some DUCATIS" Cheeky *@!t.

I sit back and wait for the insignificants to go first and I end up 3rd from back. (after being 3rd from the front last year I was advised to go at the back for a faster run)
The pace is desperately slow and I don't get out of 1st gear until we're out of the town. Nevertheless it's a bit of a stop start affair the whole way with a maximum speed of 55 reached for any distance. The whole convoy moves as fast as the slowest person and it was a toss up between one of the plastic pig 3 wheelers and some home made jobbie
Anyway back to the Town Hall and the Mayor thanks us for our efforts. I wander over and speak to the guy I saw on the 996 and his pilion. We get yakking about Ducs and what do you know-- he's only in the DOC and is thinking about setting up a meeting locally. His missus asks me if I'm in "The Ducati" Club- "yes" I reply, "The Ducati Sporting Club". "oh, who are they ?" he asks.
Conversation over really. Bit difficult to tell him what a freindly bunch we are by myself. No point telling him how we have regular meets, how everyone joins in, and why he should be in our club instead.
Can't prove any of it.
Maybee next year we can get a decent showing from the DSC as it will be the 10th annual run of this event. I'll be doing it- will you?
Much respect for the cops as they did a great job holding up the traffic and they had to ride back to the other side of Norwich- Which was good as they didn't have time to check out me Termis' or measure me plate.

Mark
Old 23-Nov-2003, 01:40
Dibble

maybe you should join the DOC then mate ..???

Only kidding ......
Old 23-Nov-2003, 07:13
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Sounds like you done us proud again Mark,good work.
Old 23-Nov-2003, 09:56
wheelspin

Thanks for the advice Dibble.
Old 23-Nov-2003, 11:28
Ducati Meccanica

Bless you! Glad that you're back safe and now dry...
Will def come next year when I have had more practise!
Old 23-Nov-2003, 12:48
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
KB , practice?

practicing wot Lisa, gettin wet, stayin dry, wot other practicin do u need to put in?????

Im in for next year on this one, shame its in Nov. but can I bring 1/2 doz cans corned beef, and beans and sausages, not room for more in me piddly little rucksack.
Well done to those that did turn up, all 4 of you.
Shame that you max'd out at 55 miles per thingy, but at least Mr Plod smiled on you
rgds
mort
Old 23-Nov-2003, 20:36
Ducati Meccanica

Lot's...I'm a toddler compared to lots on this site...And people worry about me travelling so far on my own, in the dark...
Ahhhhhh!
Old 23-Nov-2003, 23:03
wheelspin

Thanks for the support folks. It was easy for me compared to some who attended. One girl rode up from London by herself and rode back afterwards.
Maybee next year we can make it a bit of an event and people stay overnight so we can all go out on the town for a couple of shandys once we've thawed out.

Mark
Old 23-Nov-2003, 23:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I was thinking of coming then noticed the date!! Don't they usually do these 'for good causes' runs around Xmas time?
I believe we have one in the New Forest around that time - would you like to join? Bit more than 5 miles though....
Total respect to you for keeping our end up.
Paul

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by bradders748]