Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 13-Feb-2013, 10:19
Mille
Bikes: ducati 996, hawkati, kawacati

Mood: generally vile and mischevious
Lurching perilously closer to the grid - bike half bought from Coppersaucepipe - previously from Phil h - a class B 600ss. ACU course booked for 25th Feb (payday -woot!) and applications all ready to go for that date regarding ACU & Hottrax.....
Things were delayed somewhat due to car eating its clutch, therefore a bit last moment regarding getting all this done. Methinks i'll need to get out there mugging grannies, robbing banks & dealing jelly babies to school kids, but i'm sincerely aiming to be at the first race!
Old 13-Feb-2013, 11:30
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkati
Lurching perilously closer to the grid - bike half bought from Coppersaucepipe - previously from Phil h - a class B 600ss. ACU course booked for 25th Feb (payday -woot!) and applications all ready to go for that date regarding ACU & Hottrax.....
Things were delayed somewhat due to car eating its clutch, therefore a bit last moment regarding getting all this done. Methinks i'll need to get out there mugging grannies, robbing banks & dealing jelly babies to school kids, but i'm sincerely aiming to be at the first race!

You should be aiming to be first at the race.
Old 13-Feb-2013, 12:16
Mille

i'll be aiming to have a vague idea where to place myself on the grid first.....
Old 20-Feb-2013, 12:21
Mille

today's word of choice is fukbollox. I'd been nursing the clutch on car for a month, aiming to replace original flywheel ( has a slipper mech in it), and making do with heel & toe to get by as smoothly as poss. Till today, where the clutch pedal leapt to the floor and died. result? flywheel. clutchplates, thrust bearings, flushing of engine, blahdeblah. £750 - it'll be sorted & paid for on monday, and any vague aspirations of racing this year are toast before i'd even made the first race.

edit to add - Will be having a sale frenzy on't bay to see if i can salvage this, not just for my sake but for Coppersaucepipe's - it's possible if i make enough i'll be on the grid at some point this season!

Still, whilst sorting bike for commuting till mon i did discover one good thing. Since poverty is the order of the day till monday (and beyond now) i ripped the tank off Mitokitty to drain into my bike. Opened the tap......and......almost buggerall fuel, despite a half tankload. That'll be a severely clogged fuel tap and the reason why the Mito kept dying. So obvious it bypassed my brain entirely!
Old 20-Feb-2013, 22:31
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Wiped the season out? Sure a couple of rounds but the cost is gonna be way more than £750 to race...unless you absoluely have to sell to ay the bills I'd hold off and see how it looks come the summer :-)
Old 22-Feb-2013, 16:29
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Wiped the season out? Sure a couple of rounds but the cost is gonna be way more than £750 to race...unless you absoluely have to sell to ay the bills I'd hold off and see how it looks come the summer :-)
I'm trying to come up with a cunning plan.....started selling surplus pa & music bits (i do sound engineering) and am certainly trying now to get into this series at some point where i can. I still owe £600 to Coppersaucepipe for his bike & would love to be able to get this asap, bit sales allowing. If he chooses to sell to another before then that's entirely right since i don't want to inconvenience him at all in his season. Since i've got the dates off work anyway i might pop along to Snetterton anyway so i have a rough idea what's going on!