Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 12-Feb-2011, 10:22
Bikes: Ducati Streetfighter & Sport 1000 Monoposto

Get your Ducati down to the Alps! (Tour of the French Alps, 26 June to 2 July 2011)

Hi all,

Why don't you join me and a few other French buddies on this tour?

NB: this trip, for which I am the organiser, is not-for-profit and restricted to sport bikes and naked bikes of character, with a preference for European makes and models (Ducati, Benelli, Triumph, KTM, MV Agusta, Bimota, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini...). It is designed for those who crave the excitement and adrenaline of twisting mountain roads. We will spin through more than 34 mountain passes in and around the Alps during 6 to 7 days of curves and breath-taking vistas between Lake Geneva and the Mediterranean Sea.

== Highlights ==
Corner-packed mountains roads, 34 passes (Izoard, Bonette, Iserand, Lautaret, Galibier…), the highest road in Europe (Cime de la Bonette - 9,200ft), the Route Napoleon, the Verdon Gorge, the Mont Ventoux...

== Tour starts/ends in ==
Thonon-les-Bains, a picturesque French spa town located on the south shore of Lake Geneva.

== Tour duration & dates==
7 days/nights. From Sunday 26th June to Saturday 2nd July 2011.

== Days riding ==
7 with the possibility to rest in the Cannes area on Day 4 of the tour.

== Mileage ==
290-360 km (180-225 miles) per day.

== Road conditions ==
Excellent. NB: the whole tour runs on asphalt.

== Accommodation ==
Accommodation is planned in comfortable, reasonably-priced hotel-restaurants providing quality service, authenticity and the discovery of local specialties.

== Overnight stays ==
Thonon-les-Bains, Lanslebourg-Mont-Cenis, Barcelonnette, Grasse (x2 nights), Sault and Aix-les-Bains.

== Conditions for participation ==
A good spirit, a good riding equipment, and a naked bike or sport bike of character, with a preference for a European make and model. NB: top boxes are not allowed on this tour (they hurt my feelings too much, que voulez-vous). Pillion riders are not encouraged (safety reasons + I prefer girls behind the handlebars).

== Maximum number of bikes ==
12, with 2 groups on the road once we reach a number of 8 bikes.

== Budget ==
Count around €70 per night and per person, including half-board accommodation on twin room basis, custom-made itineraries, and English-speaking trip leader (me) throughout the whole trip. Payments shall be made directly to the hotels. (I don't collect money from anyone.)

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

Regards,
TwinTwin

Last edited by TwinTwin : 12-Feb-2011 at 10:30.
Old 12-Feb-2011, 10:56
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTwin
Hi all,

Why don't you join me and a few other French buddies on this tour?

NB: this trip, for which I am the organiser, is not-for-profit and restricted to sport bikes and naked bikes of character, with a preference for European makes and models (Ducati, Benelli, Triumph, KTM, MV Agusta, Bimota, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini...). It is designed for those who crave the excitement and adrenaline of twisting mountain roads. We will spin through more than 34 mountain passes in and around the Alps during 6 to 7 days of curves and breath-taking vistas between Lake Geneva and the Mediterranean Sea.

== Highlights ==
Corner-packed mountains roads, 34 passes (Izoard, Bonette, Iserand, Lautaret, Galibier…), the highest road in Europe (Cime de la Bonette - 9,200ft), the Route Napoleon, the Verdon Gorge, the Mont Ventoux...

== Tour starts/ends in ==
Thonon-les-Bains, a picturesque French spa town located on the south shore of Lake Geneva.

== Tour duration & dates==
7 days/nights. From Sunday 26th June to Saturday 2nd July 2011.

== Days riding ==
7 with the possibility to rest in the Cannes area on Day 4 of the tour.

== Mileage ==
290-360 km (180-225 miles) per day.

== Road conditions ==
Excellent. NB: the whole tour runs on asphalt.

== Accommodation ==
Accommodation is planned in comfortable, reasonably-priced hotel-restaurants providing quality service, authenticity and the discovery of local specialties.

== Overnight stays ==
Thonon-les-Bains, Lanslebourg-Mont-Cenis, Barcelonnette, Grasse (x2 nights), Sault and Aix-les-Bains.

== Conditions for participation ==
A good spirit, a good riding equipment, and a naked bike or sport bike of character, with a preference for a European make and model. NB: top boxes are not allowed on this tour (they hurt my feelings too much, que voulez-vous). Pillion riders are not encouraged (safety reasons + I prefer girls behind the handlebars).

== Maximum number of bikes ==
12, with 2 groups on the road once we reach a number of 8 bikes.

== Budget ==
Count around €70 per night and per person, including half-board accommodation on twin room basis, custom-made itineraries, and English-speaking trip leader (me) throughout the whole trip. Payments shall be made directly to the hotels. (I don't collect money from anyone.)

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

Regards,
TwinTwin

Love to join you-but-I have to be in Mugello by the 1st, I will be riding with a pillion on my 1200 'S' Multistrada, and I will have a top box...................but I will be on some of the same roads as you at the same time since my ferry to Calais lands on the Friday 24th and where you intend to be is where we are heading.

See you in the Alps

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 12-Feb-2011, 18:06
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Love to join you-but-I have to be in Mugello by the 1st, I will be riding with a pillion on my 1200 'S' Multistrada, and I will have a top box...................but I will be on some of the same roads as you at the same time since my ferry to Calais lands on the Friday 24th and where you intend to be is where we are heading.

See you in the Alps

John

yours isnt a sports bike or naked bike with charachter

trip sounds great, month too early for me
Old 13-Feb-2011, 10:51
Bikes: Ducati Streetfighter & Sport 1000 Monoposto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty

See you in the Alps

John
Have you thought about a SUV on four wheels instead ?