Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 14-Jun-2012, 14:02
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Right then guys, get this meeting into the calendar as a regular event - you know the best meeting spots and times now, so it's simply a case of turning up every month!!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 14-Jun-2012, 17:33
Montjuic
Bikes: Ducati 1098

Mood: Chilled
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Right then guys, get this meeting into the calendar as a regular event - you know the best meeting spots and times now, so it's simply a case of turning up every month!!

We will try and have it as a regular event as long as work permits. Most of us are in the forces and it's not always easy to get out for a meet. Sam is based in Germany and was over here on course and to pick up his Panigale.
We met a few other guys on Dukes at West Bay who aren't on the DSC so I tried recruiting them. They said they would have a look so hopefully we will have a few more new members.
Old 14-Jun-2012, 17:59
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe1098
We will try and have it as a regular event as long as work permits.

The good thing about having it in the calendar anyway is that others might start going along as well even if you can't make it!

This is how meetings start and what makes the Club

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 14-Jun-2012, 18:00
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
We met a few other guys on Dukes at West Bay who aren't on the DSC so I tried recruiting them.

Sounds to me like you've just recruited yourself to a Regional Organiser role!!

Old 14-Jun-2012, 22:23
Montjuic

Quote:
Sounds to me like you've just recruited yourself to a Regional Organiser role!!

Haha cheers, I wouldn't mind doing that. I would just be worried about people getting annoyed if I wasn't able to organise anything for a while if I had to go away with work, but then again I'm sure people would understand.

This isn't my first forum anyway so I understand how things work. I have been with the MLR (Mitsubishi Lancer Register) since 2007. There have been some very good regional organisers on there but unfortunately there are also a lot of people on forums who are very quick to criticise when they aren't happy with something, but hey you can't please everyone.

We just need the bloomin weather to improve! From being down at Poole Quay, Weymouth and West Bay I know there are plenty of Ducati owners about who may not be on the DSC. Does the DSC have contact/club cards that we could hand out to people or leave on their bikes to try and get new members?

Dave
Old 14-Jun-2012, 23:02
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Thumbs up

Quote:
Haha cheers, I wouldn't mind doing that. I would just be worried about people getting annoyed if I wasn't able to organise anything for a while if I had to go away with work, but then again I'm sure people would understand.

This isn't my first forum anyway so I understand how things work. I have been with the MLR (Mitsubishi Lancer Register) since 2007. There have been some very good regional organisers on there but unfortunately there are also a lot of people on forums who are very quick to criticise when they aren't happy with something, but hey you can't please everyone.

We just need the bloomin weather to improve! From being down at Poole Quay, Weymouth and West Bay I know there are plenty of Ducati owners about who may not be on the DSC. Does the DSC have contact/club cards that we could hand out to people or leave on their bikes to try and get new members?

Dave

We've got a long list of tips about running a region, but the best thing to do is to set something up and have it happen regularly in a known place (as you have now) and then people know when they have to turn up. If some people don't make it, it's not a problem.
We have the Pub Night in Essex for exactly that - everyone comes to the pub on the third Monday of the month to the same pub each time. If some people can't make it, they know when to come for the next one. Simple!
Other stuff, like rideouts, then gets organised on a more ad-hoc basis as people start sharing their phone numbers or meeting at the weekends. I've made plenty of "friends" in Essex rather than just club members.
We do have calling cards and they have space for event & contact details on them too. I can get some sent over to you if you want - you also get a free club t-shirt for volunteering!
I'm off to WDW in the morning so let's talk more when I get back.

Old 14-Jun-2012, 23:07
Montjuic

Quote:
We've got a long list of tips about running a region, but the best thing to do is to set something up and have it happen regularly in a known place (as you have now) and then people know when they have to turn up. If some people don't make it, it's not a problem.
We have the Pub Night in Essex for exactly that - everyone comes to the pub on the third Monday of the month to the same pub each time. If some people can't make it, they know when to come for the next one. Simple!
Other stuff, like rideouts, then gets organised on a more ad-hoc basis as people start sharing their phone numbers or meeting at the weekends. I've made plenty of "friends" in Essex rather than just club members.
We do have calling cards and they have space for event & contact details on them too. I can get some sent over to you if you want - you also get a free club t-shirt for volunteering!
I'm off to WDW in the morning so let's talk more when I get back.

Ok that's brilliant. You lucky git! I'm very jealous, I would love to have gone to WDW! ENJOY